The whole family (Rosie's family)

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Well, I think I got about the best picture of Rosies family I'm going to get, 12 in total

So there's Rosie...
4 daughters (Caddy, Cenci, Roma and Kama)
2 grand daughters (Chroma and Prada)
2 grandsons (Dinero and Gruber)
1 great grand daughter (Coda)
and her sister's daughter and granddaughter (Mega and Sofa)... the sister (Tizia) is the one that had the stroke this spring

I wanted to take a picture of all of them together once... I think it's a pretty decent corral full of animals
If the pics are too big for your screen, click on them...

The whole bunch.. Rosie is the old brockleface, last year's daughter Roma playing dead

Kama and Coda... they sure look happy

Roma.. I think she's ready for breeding... I think she's just over 1000 lbs, haven't taken a weigh tape to her in a while (todo)

Prada, a bit lighter than Roma, but looks fairly good

Cenci and Sofa

Mega, (Sofa's mother)... Goodyear got the idea for the shape of a blimp from her... but she sure milks

Nice cow family Nesi! We used to have a lot of brockle-face around here when everyone used red limi bulls and had Hereford cows. When those cows, play dead it always scares me!

They get old, they milk well, and they're all docile, those are the biggest things.. They also (for the most part) don't have any bad habits of breaking fences, fighting, digging, and they're all great mothers.. I've never had to pull a correctly positioned calf, and some of them were 140 lbs.

Rosie's mother had 14 calves, Rosie has her 16th (but last), and so far we've only culled 4 in that line (after 22 years), Rosie's mother had heart failure or something (possibly due to my very low copper), her first calf was culled at 3 years for being a fencebuster (RA cross), Rosie's first daughter was culled at 7 years for being open, but she had had complications and bad infections from a botched dehorning job which may have contributed, and Rosie's sister Tizia that had a stroke this spring at 9 years old.

It's so nice to have cattle that are easy to handle, I notice that with Roma (playing dead in the pics) who leads better than most people's dogs.. Just makes everything easy when you can wean the calves or vaccinate with nothing more than a bucket of grain or a halter.

i just saw your thread. You have such nice cattle. I do enjoy seeing them. I think that it is pretty cool how Rosie has produced and her daughters too. thanks for sharing. : )

You should meet them... Pictures only say so much...

Rosie is past her prime now that she has arthritis... She'll get her own pasture close to the house... Up until 2 years ago she was really good, but last summer she started getting lame... She's the only one who gets a bucket of grain once in a while... figure she's earned it and I know she was capable of producing without it when her teeth were good too, so she just gets a bit of supplement to keep her where she was at back then

Nesikep":380p4jay said:
Well, I think I got about the best picture of Rosies family I'm going to get, 12 in total

So there's Rosie...
4 daughters (Caddy, Cenci, Roma and Kama)
2 grand daughters (Chroma and Prada)
2 grandsons (Dinero and Gruber)
1 great grand daughter (Coda)
and her sister's daughter and granddaughter (Mega and Sofa)... the sister (Tizia) is the one that had the stroke this spring

I wanted to take a picture of all of them together once... I think it's a pretty decent corral full of animals
If the pics are too big for your screen, click on them...

The whole bunch.. Rosie is the old brockleface, last year's daughter Roma playing dead

]

You sure she is just playing dead ?

And as of yesterday, hopefully permanently bred!... 3/6 of the girls there should be bred now after bull's been out for a week.

Latest posts