The Weather Threads

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
I hate 'em. I'm a compulsive poster, but I can't work my way into those threads.
I'm on the Ohio River, smack dab in the temperate zone. I can't brag about the cold I endure. It's 20 F and sunny today with a light wind. As good as you get in January. Mud is all froze over.
I can't match Tx and Fla for summer heat. I saw an honest 105 F in 1983, but usually it's 85 and humid in the summer.
When it comes to weather, the first liar doesn't stand a chance. And the guy in the middle doesn't either.
My only claim to fame would be our range of temps. I have seen 105 F, as I said, and -22 F, with a nasty wind making it about -40 wind chill. I own a lot of different outfits.

john250":t8op33j4 said:
I hate 'em. I'm a compulsive poster, but I can't work my way into those threads.
I'm on the Ohio River, smack dab in the temperate zone. I can't brag about the cold I endure. It's 20 F and sunny today with a light wind. As good as you get in January. Mud is all froze over.
I can't match Tx and Fla for summer heat. I saw an honest 105 F in 1983, but usually it's 85 and humid in the summer.
When it comes to weather, the first liar doesn't stand a chance. And the guy in the middle doesn't either.
My only claim to fame would be our range of temps. I have seen 105 F, as I said, and -22 F, with a nasty wind making it about -40 wind chill. I own a lot of different outfits.
I think this almost qualifies as a rant. Must be the bitter cold. :)

Larry

larryshoat":2ae3te79 said:
john250":2ae3te79 said:
I think this almost qualifies as a rant. Must be the bitter cold. :)

Larry

I guess it was a rant, ls. Yeah, my brain froze up this morning while feeding. :cry2:

I am in your region (SE Indiana). You forgot to mention the 60 degree flip flops we can get. 70 one day - freezing the next.

Can't match your range of temps but can trump you on drought. Was so dry here this summer I had a flock of ducks lined up at the spigot waiting to get a drink of water. ;-) :lol:

Went up your way several years ago during the summer and found it was very pleasant - glad I wasn't there in the winter though.

Jogeephus":1juzxqye said:
Can't match your range of temps but can trump you on drought. Was so dry here this summer I had a flock of ducks lined up at the spigot waiting to get a drink of water. ;-) :lol:

Went up your way several years ago during the summer and found it was very pleasant - glad I wasn't there in the winter though.

I saw two trees following my dog. :?

Hey Jo,
Been meaning to ask if you guys down south are getting any of that rain I keep seeing on the Weather Channel? I sure hope so. I know that some of the stuff that looks like rain is nothing more then virga.
We can share some of the 4"-5" of white stuff we have on the ground right now ;-)

Yes, we are getting good rains this week. Looks like we should have around 3 inches total for the week. Getting wet and cold.

John250, I've never heard that one before - I like it. :lol:

In the teens here this morning. I did break down and buy an electric blanket yesterday. Sorry!

It's -3 right now, don't even want to know what the windchill is.

Sure glad to hear that Jo. I know you guys sure need alot more then what you got. Hope it keeps coming at you.

john250":1dmsnfz1 said:
I hear you. There is always someone worse off than you. I have a leg with 2 plates and 13 screws in it, but I'm sure someone here can top that!

iowahawkeyes":11z8sjvg said:
john250":11z8sjvg said:
I hear you. There is always someone worse off than you. I have a leg with 2 plates and 13 screws in it, but I'm sure someone here can top that!

Texas may not have the prize for coldest weather, but we do for least predictable weather. One February Friday afternoon, I took my son, then a toddler, to the zoo in short sleeves. There was 3 inches of solid ice on the ground the next morning. That was in 1989. Temps were in the ten and twenties. We had snow last April, which is unheard of around here. The middle of April. On March 23, 2005, we left on a trip to Lake Jackson on a 90 degree day and there was snow on the ground when we returned on the 25th.

If you don't like Texas weather, wait a minute.