the tough ones are almost all gone

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
the generation that made this country and done more in their lifetime than any other is almost all gone now.
They were the ones that were born before the depression that had to quit school at an early age to support their family so they could survive,they fought in WWII and got married and raised families and worked werever and at whatever it took to make a living never took anything from the gov't because they couldn't find a job because they got out and found a job no matter if it was halfway across the world and had to be gone from their family for months at a time if not more they done what they had to do to support their family
It wasn't easy and they didn't expect it to be or complain because it was hard they just did the job because it was their job
They have made the world alot easier for those who followed and they wanted life for their children to be easier than theirs was
They were devoted to their friends and family and would do anything for those they loved. But if you broke their trust or took advantage of them then they were done with you

Alot of people who know me don't understand why I am the way I am(most consider me an a$$hole) but I was raised my this generation and I know I will never be half of the man he was

Dad your my hero

Good job A.C. been in FL. with my Dad for almost a month. Mom's been sick and he's not taking it very well. I don't even like thinking about a day without him.

Good post AC. Mine gets a little worse every day seems like he can't go a month without getting an ambulance ride. It's just a matter of time.

My worst thought is not being able to pick up the phone and talk to him about kids, cows, hunting or some other thing i always seem to need his advice on!

Angus Cowman":2dk7hzh8 said:
the generation that made this country and done more in their lifetime than any other is almost all gone now.
They were the ones that were born before the depression that had to quit school at an early age to support their family so they could survive,they fought in WWII and got married and raised families and worked werever and at whatever it took to make a living never took anything from the gov't because they couldn't find a job because they got out and found a job no matter if it was halfway across the world and had to be gone from their family for months at a time if not more they done what they had to do to support their family
It wasn't easy and they didn't expect it to be or complain because it was hard they just did the job because it was their job
They have made the world alot easier for those who followed and they wanted life for their children to be easier than theirs was
They were devoted to their friends and family and would do anything for those they loved. But if you broke their trust or took advantage of them then they were done with you

Alot of people who know me don't understand why I am the way I am(most consider me an a$$hole) but I was raised my this generation and I know I will never be half of the man he was

Dad your my hero
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I've often said of my own dad (1910-2007)--"I can wear his hat but I'll never fill his shoes"..

ALACOWMAN":19s4pb23 said:
he!@ the women were tougher back then................ then men are now....
lol, great post AC. My dad too came from that generation. I always thought he would live forever. :(

:clap: :tiphat: :clap: :tiphat:
Angus Cowman":fgc6cwu0 said:

Dad your my hero

Angus Cowman":3t1alrfg said:

Dad your my hero

goodpost.gif

Good post. Took me a while to understand why my dad would add water to the empty ketchup bottle. Have an aunt who used to poison our minds that my father was just a tight wad and we should enjoy life more cause we could afford better. She was quite impressive because she was big in politics, husband was a politician, and ran in the circles with Jimmy Carter. She and her husband had two airplanes and were always flying to the hip places. Today, after her husband got caught with his finger in the public's cookie jar, she is about one government check from being a homeless bag lady and has asked us to send her a monthly check so she can keep up the homeplace that we gave her when the bank took her house after she refinanced it and spent the money on interior decorators and landscaping.

Jogeephus":1srwgg6e said:
Good post. Took me a while to understand why my dad would add water to the empty ketchup bottle. Have an aunt who used to poison our minds that my father was just a tight wad and we should enjoy life more cause we could afford better. She was quite impressive because she was big in politics, husband was a politician, and ran in the circles with Jimmy Carter. She and her husband had two airplanes and were always flying to the hip places. Today, after her husband got caught with his finger in the public's cookie jar, she is about one government check from being a homeless bag lady and has asked us to send her a monthly check so she can keep up the homeplace that we gave her when the bank took her house after she refinanced it and spent the money on interior decorators and landscaping.

Sounds like my sister. No matter how much she cheats the rest of us out of she will never have a pot to pi$$ in or a window to throw it out of!

My aunt has an overinflated sesnse of entitlement. She has a liberal arts degree in english literature and would make a really good secretary but she isn't going to work. Never has and never will. Views herself as an aristocrat of sorts. Sortof like an modern day american Anastasia. Says she is going to write a novel. Been saying that for years as she sits in the old house as it rots down around her chain smoking her imported cigarettes and drinking some vile coffee she gets from god knows where. Her view of the world is so screwed up that she honestly thinks we each should pay her a monthly check to maintain the homeplace. She really ought to write a book though cause at one time she "was somebody".

Jo that kinda of reminds me of something my Dad says. You can pick your friends but your stuck with your family. And you can't by love, how true for some folks.

In her case I can say the reason God gave me friends was to make up for family. Heck, you ought to see my cousin. He's about 58. Just got out of prison for drug dealing. He's now enrolled in college working on his master's in medieval literature or some $hit like that. All at the expense of the taxpayer. I guess he's hoping to land a job teaching. Of course he's a felon so ...... I forget .... this is america and I'm sure some university would hire him to fill some quota.

highgrit":1zm0qdub said:
Jo that kinda of reminds me of something my Dad says. You can pick your friends but your stuck with your family. And you can't by love, how true for some folks.

You can't buy love but you cant rent it in some places

Angus Cowman":raktn41w said:

Dad your my hero

Amen brother I have one 96 year old aunt left

I've got a great aunt thats 84 and still worked about 3 days a week sewing for a furniture factory. The company closed down and this is the first time she has not worked in about 74 years. She still runs with the kids and plays basketball with them, sews quilts for the church, cooks for everybody in the county so she is staying active. She still lives in the home place her dad and mom built in the 1940's. She leaves her heat on 60 degrees and refuses to turn on the air conditioner in the summer. She drives a 1987 Buick and could afford a Rolls Royce. She was taught never to live above your means. She cans her own food and saves the grease to reuse it over and over. He!! she still sleeps on a palate on the floor in the livin room so she doesn't have to heat the bedrooms. We need to all find someone like this and send them to washington. We would see a surplus in about 2 years!
She got sick with a bad ear infection about a week and a half ago, and some women from the church came to visit. These women ran back and reported to the church that she was having a hard time. They said that she slept in the floor and it was cold in the house, and they needed to do something. Sooo... they ordered her some fuel oil and were going to make up money for her. Luckily one of the elders called my dad and asked him if our aunt was having hard times and that they had ordered her some fuel oil and were going to make up for her. My dad laughed and thanked them for the gesture, and told them that they had better find a way to get that oil stopped or they would be in for it. The elder said it was cold in there and they were worried about her. My dad said that was just how she lived, nothing extreme! If she was cold she put on more clothes, and she liked sleeping in the floor for her back and to save money not heating the whole house. He asked if she could use some money and dad told him that if she wanted to she could tear down her house and build a big nice brick home with all the bells and whistles and not borrow a dime. She was very comfortable. Hats off the the greatest generation!

Latest posts