The "STEPFORD" Wives

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
Does anybody remember that movie? Late 70's I think. Well, I think my wife just got hold of some of that water. Or maybe it's just the after holiday clean-up. I like a clean house, but I am feeling like I'm playing second fiddle to a sock :lol2:. If there is anything better than having a clean house, it would be watching her clean the base boards ;-) I love her :banana: .
She just told me to take my muck boots outside and wash them off, as if they aren't going to come back in the same way this evening. What causes this? The house wasn't dirty to start with. She's polishing stuff that don't need polished. I ask her if I could stand in line, and she told me to go check the cows?????????
Ladies and men, tell about some experiences you've had when you or your wife get in that freakish cleaning mode................

We have a housekeeper that comes every other week so I don't have that to deal with that. However, there's something in mine that causes her to rearrange furniture every quarter of the year.

I have never had that problem. . . . .
but I do get tired of picking up after the family. Once I left a piece of paper towel on the floor to see if anyone would pick it up and throw it away. It was there for over a week. I threw it away.

:lol: I am SO glad that I'm not the only one. :lol:
My wife threatened to divorce me over "the mess" and she was serious about it. :shock: My method of organization involves leaving everything out in plain sight OR I leave it wherever I used it last and then I always know where it is. Once a month or so I'll blow everything down with the air compressor and throw away anything that's not usefull... aparently that's not good enough. :hide:
I started parking my truck(which even I admit is nasty) out in the barn and I custom made an office door to seclude me from the civilized world and we're back to getting along.
Occasionally I get an urge to scream "WHERE THE **** ARE MY _____!???" but I have to understand that it's my fault that I can't find them if I left them in the civilized world instead of the barn, my truck, or office. If it was "organized" I have to look for it based on it's color or size as aposed to it's purpose.

Quite possibly the worst side affect so far: I do get to leave my waders on a boot dryer in the laundry room. One day during hyper cleaning mode, my wife decided that they needed to be deep cleaned and scrubbed them with bleach... I spent two days getting the $hit kicked out of me before the smell wore off enough that the cows trusted me again. :lol:

jedstivers":leo397ps said:
She making the house clean for a new one on the way that she just forgot to tell you about? :bang: :hide:

There is a bigger story here. Was it concieved about the same time AC came back with the truck?

ga.prime":c5fmkeel said:
You're probably thinking of the Stepford Wives. They were robots.
I've slept alot since then, so I don't doubt the incorrect name, but "robot" would be a good description of my wife today.

She making the house clean for a new one on the way that she just forgot to tell you about? .... jed thats what i was thinking and with that much deep cleaning maybe twins.Was she putting things on taller shelves?

You walk in the Mrs. house with your shoes on better be able to dodge lead, could eat off our floors.
Youngest son would beg me to go somewhere if he heard Lorreta Lynn playing in the house cause Mom was cleaning the house from top to bottom.

I have tile floors in the kitchen so I can walk in wearing whatever I want

Any man that cannot control his woman needs a few lessons on how to be a man.

I have a wife that signed on to look after me first and the kids second and the house last

As long as she cooks, cleans when I tell her, hauls wood for the fire and keeps the fires stoked, does chores with no supervision and gives me the money she makes at her two off farm jobs - she will always have a roof over her head.

When I told her she needed to marry me so she would always have a place to live, I also told her she had to hold up her end of the bargain at all times.

So when I get up at 0500 to go to work, she gets up ahead of me to make me a breakfast and pack me a good lunch - in the winter she will start the truck ahead of time so I get into a nice warm vehicle.

You guys just needed to train them right, right from the start - tough to do now because you have let them get spoiled, but like retraining a good hound, it can be done if you are patient and firm - if you need help just call me - my consulting rates are really quite reasonable. LOL

Best to all

Bez

Now Bez, I ain't sayin that she isn't trained. I'm just sayin that it's not like her to tell me to go check my cows, after I tell her how perty she looks all bent over cleanin. :lol2:

I hope you are not serious. :tiphat:

snake67":19cikj3i said:

I have a wife that signed on to look after me first and the kids second and the house last

As long as she cooks, cleans when I tell her, hauls wood for the fire and keeps the fires stoked, does chores with no supervision and gives me the money she makes at her two off farm jobs - she will always have a roof over her head.

When I told her she needed to marry me so she would always have a place to live, I also told her she had to hold up her end of the bargain at all times.

So when I get up at 0500 to go to work, she gets up ahead of me to make me a breakfast and pack me a good lunch - in the winter she will start the truck ahead of time so I get into a nice warm vehicle.

You guys just needed to train them right, right from the start - tough to do now because you have let them get spoiled, but like retraining a good hound, it can be done if you are patient and firm - if you need help just call me - my consulting rates are really quite reasonable. LOL

Best to all

Bez

You do know that I know that them girls including the Mrs run that house.
Your are just the fleas that come with the dog no extra charge.

Snake--you know where any more are like her? That might want to live in a warm climate near the Texas Gulf Coast?
just wonderin...

snake67":2pf5ycer said:

Best to all

Bez

I'm glad I married a woman with a head on her shoulders. Sometimes things go her way but when things do go my way we're both better off for it. And she really does handle alot of the business end of things that I'm to busy working to handle. I'm half a man without her so I'd guess that if you treat your wife that way you're nothing special because I know where I'd be without my wife to step in and I'm a working SOB.

cow pollinater":1merjugg said:
I'm glad I married a woman with a head on her shoulders. Sometimes things go her way but when things do go my way we're both better off for it. And she really does handle alot of the business end of things that I'm to busy working to handle. I'm half a man without her so I'd guess that if you treat your wife that way you're nothing special because I know where I'd be without my wife to step in and I'm a working SOB.

LOL - looks like she got you trained real good - hope you fold your napkin nice and neat when you get up from the table! LOL

Real men run the house AND the women

And don't you believe old CB - he knows I run a tight ship here - mind you I am darned if I will let him meet my wife without me around to supervise - never met a woman that did not need a bit of guidance most of the time. LOL

Glad you are happy tied to that apron string - if it is comfortable then keep it tied on - some men - not many mind you - but some do like that sort of thing

Happy New Years to all

Bez

Ouachita":h04jerws said:
jedstivers":h04jerws said:
She making the house clean for a new one on the way that she just forgot to tell you about? :bang: :hide:

There is a bigger story here. Was it concieved about the same time AC came back with the truck?
I was talking about yours, mine's been to the vet and got spayed.

snake67":sbwjvxt7 said:
cow pollinater":sbwjvxt7 said:

LOL - looks like she got you trained real good - hope you fold your napkin nice and neat when you get up from the table! LOL

Real men run the house AND the women

And don't you believe old CB - he knows I run a tight ship here - mind you I am darned if I will let him meet my wife without me around to supervise - never met a woman that did not need a bit of guidance most of the time. LOL

Glad you are happy tied to that apron string - if it is comfortable then keep it tied on - some men - not many mind you - but some do like that sort of thing

Happy New Years to all

Bez
I have enough to run that I can be a real man and still give her complete control in the house... I'm man enough that I don't have time to run a house. And no, I don't have to fold my napkins but I would if it made her happy.

LOL - too bad you have to run up here and tell us all how much of a man you are - I think you are worried about how your wife treats you and that you are actually jealous of me

It shows in your writings and self justification LOL

If you like I can send you a paisley apron to wear in the kitchen - unless your wife would get upset! LOL

Have a great day - I do not want to play you much more - you fell in full length and eveyone is laughing at you and me - but I have to admit your answers are quite entertaining.

It is ok though - I will not tell anyone on you - what size apron do you want me to send you?

Full length or waist down?

Blue or pink paisley design?

Enjoy the weekend

My best

Bez

Suit yourself. You've showed your true colors. I'm fine with someone like you thinking I'm a pansy. :D I know for a fact that you'll never get to where I'm at in your relationships or your business.

Latest posts