the sky is falling

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I watched the news this morning in a town in AR they had thousands of blackbirds fall from the sky-all dead, now that is kind of freaky. They think its weather related something to do with the tornadoes that went thru that area-but I just don't know, sounds kind of weird.

GMN

The global warming probably made them over heat and they sweated to death. I wish it would have been the cloud of blackbirds that hangs around here

ROCKSPRINGS":2k8f2kjl said:
Like to find out happened so I can do it around here.
From the argus leader:

Commission ornithologist Karen Rowe said the he birds showed physical trauma, and she speculated that "the flock could have been hit by lightning or high-altitude hail."

don't you think if they would have been hit by lightening or hail their bodies would have showed some external damage or burning? So many of them, flying together, but fell all over town-seems odd.

The big weather systems that keep going and firing up tornadoes across several states can do some strange things. One passed thru here last summer, we didn't get any tornadoes just a radical temperature drop with wind and storms. Went to leave the next day, my car was coated in red dust. That red dirt is hundreds of miles away from here, it had been sucked up in Oklahoma, Arkansas or somewhere and carried in the storm and dropped here. The birds could have been carried a ways, too.

MO_cows":1ha130nn said:
The big weather systems that keep going and firing up tornadoes across several states can do some strange things. One passed thru here last summer, we didn't get any tornadoes just a radical temperature drop with wind and storms. Went to leave the next day, my car was coated in red dust. That red dirt is hundreds of miles away from here, it had been sucked up in Oklahoma, Arkansas or somewhere and carried in the storm and dropped here. The birds could have been carried a ways, too.

We had red snow here last winter. They said the red dust came from MONGOLIA :shock: :shock: :shock:

Red Bull Breeder":1sfz72ck said:
Weather liar said there was no storms close to BeeBee, nearest lighting strikes were 50 miles away.
Doesn't have to be close by. Could be way up in the sky, i.e. cloud to cloud lightening. When tornado type winds are around you can get some strange things happening even if they aren;t all that close

Maybe the birds were sucked up by winds way high up in the sky to an altitude that did not allow for enough oxygen to sustain bird life. Thus, they died. Perhaps the little dead birds were further carried by winds for some distance and then dropped.

1982vett":2rlzs3zs said:
You know, I just realized we don't have any blackbirds around here this year.
I must have your share of them here. Please come and fetch them!

dun":3bh03rjx said:
1982vett":3bh03rjx said:
You know, I just realized we don't have any blackbirds around here this year.
I must have your share of them here. Please come and fetch them!
Nahh. Since I didn't even realize they were gone I guess I don't need them back. :lol:

well...yeah, they had physical trauma... they fell out of the freaking sky! *thud*

another strange bird discovery, 500 blackbirds found dead in a small town in Lousiana-3 days after the ones found in Beebee Arkansas-now we know something is up-but what?

Latest posts