The old man died..........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Richard Harrison, Known as "The Old Man" on 'Pawn Stars,' Dies at 77.......I thought he was what made the show. RIP

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/richa ... ar-AAz936X

AAz90z1.img

I always disliked all the stupid little side stuff the producers wrote into that show, so much so that I stopped watching it. I really enjoyed all the interesting and varied things that people brought in. I can't imagine all the weird and unique items that the old man saw in his lifetime. I bet it was a pretty interesting job, especially in Vegas.

Nesikep":5n5b6g4f said:
they do that on every show now, the overdramatization absolutely turns my stomach
Storage wars is bad about that..they build it up, go to commercial, come back start it over again..then it's nothing but 5 10 minutes of wasted time..

ALACOWMAN":2y0irbdc said:
Nesikep":2y0irbdc said:
they do that on every show now, the overdramatization absolutely turns my stomach
Storage wars is bad about that..they build it up, go to commercial, come back start it over again..then it's nothing but 5 10 minutes of wasted time..
Not the only ones.. Gold rush (and whatever spinoffs), Deadliest catch (and spinoffs), Highway thru Hell (and Heavy rescue 401).. they're all the same.. and the narrator sounds the same too

His navy career was a result of stealing a car and judge giving him the option of jail or military service. His wife's
real estate business put them 1 million in debt before bankruptcy in the 80s. Then moved to Las Vegas and started the
pawn shop. Son Rick dropped out of high school, sold fake Gucci bags and stolen merchandise along with repossessing
cars before going to work at the pawnshop. He died at 77 with a bunch of collectible cars, an estate estimated at
5 million dollars and a son who likes professing on tv to being an atheist.
A win?!?

Son of Butch":16221n9p said:
His navy career was a result of stealing a car and judge giving him the option of jail or military service. His wife's
real estate business put them 1 million in debt before bankruptcy in the 80s. Then moved to Las Vegas and started the
pawn shop. Son Rick dropped out of high school, sold fake Gucci bags and stolen merchandise along with repossessing
cars before going to work at the pawnshop. He died at 77 with a bunch of collectible cars, an estate estimated at
5 million dollars and a son who likes professing on tv to being an atheist.
A win?!?
Just a SWAG it will all be gone in one generation.

I miss all the good shows. I still use a TV antenna that is old tech. I get three local stations and one PBS station. So I miss all of the good stuff such as Duck Dynasty. I could sign up for direct TV, dish and such and pay around $80 a month to watch all of the good stuff.

hurleyjd":nzwyrr9s said:
I miss all the good shows. I still use a TV antenna that is old tech. I get three local stations and one PBS station. So I miss all of the good stuff such as Duck Dynasty. I could sign up for direct TV, dish and such and pay around $80 a month to watch all of the good stuff.

You aren't missing much. If you've ever seen one of the shows mentioned, you've seen them all.
They just have different faces in them is all.

Well, except for that "horde of lice-picking, lard-eating, nose-thumbing hooligans south of the Mason–Dixon line" from Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. THAT, was a real departure from everything else........

Been 12 years without TV and really can't see the need. Anything you can think of is on the internet, seems like a waste of time and money to have both.

Latest posts