the new guy

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
This guy was born yesterday.

DSC00112_Small_.JPG

not bad looking. Isn't it a bit late for new calves? Then again all of mine were born a few months earlier then I would have liked this year.

We calve January thru July. Having show cattle it is good to have them spread out, that way we have some in different classes. We only have a handful left to calve, and they all seem to be getting pretty close. Should be done by mid to late June. Though it would be nice to have one July calf. That class is usually pretty small most the year.

I saw him yesterday afternoon, I am pretty sure he was born early yesterday morning. He was just laying there, then mom moo-ed and he got up and wobbled around pretty good. This afternoon he was up doing some light running. Love to see those young ones so energetic.

This is not a good time for us for cows to give birth. Since they stray far away from the house and all since the grass is tall; and the calves could get eaten by a coyote.

Anyway, really nice calf, love the color.

googly_moogly":2v7107p7 said:
Beutiful calf Ryan. Who is his sire and dam. Love that dark red color.
Google

Sire: NP Redeemer's Redemption
Dam: SD Miss Mattie

That makes him a full brother to a one SD Matties Redemption. You might have heard of her. And he is a full brother to SD Miss Agatha, currently being shown by a girl out of New Mexico.

Ryan,
I know a one Mattie's Redemtion. She's ok in a very awesome kind of way.

I talked to the people about Agatha and they are very happy with her. I think they will be customers for a long time.

Googly

Latest posts