The Longest Haul

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade

Reaction score
Left out this morning at 5:AM headed 4 hours away to pick up some bred heifers. Had too many to fit on a pot so I hooked up to the 32 foot gn and met the pot there. Was loaded up by 10:30 and headed out. 2 hours down the road had a blowout on the trailer, no big deal changed it and headed down the road again. 15 miles later and another blowout on trailer. My BIL was with me so he hopped in the big truck and headed to the house with the majority of heifers while I called around and found a truck to bring me a tire. He shows up an hour and a half later and we put a new tire on and head to his shop 35 miles away, but on my way, to put on a new spare. 5 miles from his shop just as it got dark i creamed 2 deer at 65 mph. didnt do too much damage to the truck, but one of the deer hit another tire on the trailer and busted the seal on it. :lol: At that point all I could do was laugh. Those poor heifers didnt get home till 8PM. Anyone want to hire me to haul some cattle for them? :lol: :lol:

If it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all. Instead of laughing I would probably not been to happy, especially after hitting the deer..

Trailer tires always go in 3's, or at least in odd numbers. I think they plan it. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. Yes, I would like to hire you for hauling. You have proved yourself worthy and of value in dealing with a problem, and that is a rare quality these days. I usually get a call from the driver and have to arrange the fix via phone/Internet. So, what I your rates, schedule, and are you Hazmat? I always wanted to see a midget change a tire. Do you have to use a step stool to reach the lug nuts? :lol2:

Man you are a lucky devil, mine never blow with an empty trailer.
Mine is always full with cow shyt and pee running down the side,
or trying to dodge it while changing the tire

I'd hire you in a heartbeat. You got it all out of your system in one run. You should be hauling trouble free for at least a year.

Hook":2doen8kt said:
I feel your pain. I had a similar trip a year and a half ago on memorial day. I wasn't so lucky finding parts that day though. Where you overloaded or was it just bad or old tires.
Not overloaded at all, tires didnt look bad but kept slinging tread. This is on a traler i bought last year used. Its a 2009 model, must have been the original tires.

Isomade":fc27ch3g said:
Hook":fc27ch3g said:
I feel your pain. I had a similar trip a year and a half ago on memorial day. I wasn't so lucky finding parts that day though. Where you overloaded or was it just bad or old tires.
Not overloaded at all, tires didnt look bad but kept slinging tread. This is on a traler i bought last year used. Its a 2009 model, must have been the original tires.
Glad it didn't get real bad then.

Reminds me of the time this year I was in Nashville loading cows and had another truck there helping. I didn't have tire trouble, but right before we loaded I discovered my diesel truck had gas in it. had stopped about 20 miles earlier to top off my half full tank, my receipt said diesel and I was at a diesel pump but the store had gas in the wrong tank. So after me and my other truck had made the 6 hour trip over early that morning and were ready to load at 6:30am and be home by 1:00pm, instead we sat there for 7 hours draining my tank and getting re fueled.

denvermartinfarms":1tjmx2pg said:
Reminds me of the time this year I was in Nashville loading cows and had another truck there helping. I didn't have tire trouble, but right before we loaded I discovered my diesel truck had gas in it. had stopped about 20 miles earlier to top off my half full tank, my receipt said diesel and I was at a diesel pump but the store had gas in the wrong tank. So after me and my other truck had made the 6 hour trip over early that morning and were ready to load at 6:30am and be home by 1:00pm, instead we sat there for 7 hours draining my tank and getting re fueled.

You know tennessee also gave us Al Gore. Just sayin.

Bigfoot":2cf6y65a said:
denvermartinfarms":2cf6y65a said:

They have have me some good profits on cattle, and also some real junk along the way. The day I had the fuel problem I had the same crazy cow run me in to a wall in a barn twice while trying to get them sorted, I limped around for over a week after that.

Bigfoot":2ygmxhwb said:
denvermartinfarms":2ygmxhwb said:

Ah yes, this is true, but also please note the great state of Tennessee denied Prince Albert the White House in 2000 when failed to carry his " adopted" home state.

Latest posts