The Jesus Shot

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
The wife told me about this last week telling me her preacher and his wife got one. A minute ago she comes home from choir practice and goes on and on about it again. Apparently, the preacher is telling her it has made dramatic changes in the way he and his wife feel. I looked it up and read this article about it. I laughed when I read it contained Dex cause I have a bottle in my vet kit right now. It's a $300 shot and apparently last a year or so. She's ready to load and drive up tomorrow but I ain't convinced. Anyone else heard of it?

slick4591":2ar4fp8u said:
The wife told me about this last week telling me her preacher and his wife got one.
It's a $300 shot and apparently last a year or so. She's ready to load and drive up tomorrow but I ain't convinced. Anyone else heard of it?
Never heard of it.
The one doctor giving it says...it lasts a lifetime, not one year.
Other doctor seems to say it's not much different than other pain relief shots and would expect about a 15% success rate lasting 1-2 weeks tops.
Texas Ag Commissioner Sid Miller, may have spent $1120 in public funds on travel to get the $300 shot 14 months ago.
He declined giving details, (but said it worked) cited it as private medical information (even though paid public funds?)

$300 is dirt cheap if it worked
Doctor gave/sold my Mom a shot costing $12,000 (insurance paid for it) and that shot factored into her death.

Slick, other than yourself... What pain does your wife have that she is all fired up to go get that kind of shot?

I think I hear quacking. Maybe it is right up there with coffee enemas for cancer treatment

Depends on what you think of the medical community as it combines 2 commonly used drugs for pain relief and a
vitamin. It's the product branding that smells of quackery.

Heck of a branding campaign idea naming it The Jesus Shot.
In 21st century America branding is everything in turning a profit and branding ideas now seem to trump performance.

I am very skeptical of this especially since the guy is a convicted fraudster. I get the year or two from wife's preacher as that is what he understood from the *doc. She was also telling me that another couple from her church took shots and now the guy doesn't have painful knees any longer. They all claim weight loss as they pee more, which I figure is probably because of the steroid. Anyway, I"M NOT ENDORSING, just wanted to know if anyone had previous experience with it.

The guy sounds a lot like "Dr" John Brinkley..the goat gland doctor....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Brinkley

As recounted in the biography that Brinkley had commissioned, he struck upon the idea of transplanting goat testicles into men when a patient came to him to ask if he could fix someone who was "sexually weak". Brinkley responded by joking that the patient would have no problem if he had "a pair of those buck [goat] glands in you". The patient then begged Brinkley to try the operation, which Brinkley did, for $150. (The patient's son later told The Kansas City Star that Brinkley had in fact offered to pay his father "handsomely" if he'd go along with the experiment.)[14]

At his clinic, Brinkley began to perform more operations he claimed would restore male virility and fertility through implanting the testicular glands of goats in his male patients at a cost of $750 per operation[18] ($9,000 in current value). Following one of his crude operations, the body of a patient would typically absorb the goat gonads as foreign matter. The organs were never accepted as part of the body since they were simply placed into the human male testicle sac or the abdomen of women, near the ovaries. Unsurprisingly, in light of his questionable medical training (75 percent completion at a less-than-reputable medical school), frequency of operating while intoxicated and less-than sterile operating environments, some patients suffered from infection, and an undetermined number died. Brinkley would be sued more than a dozen times for wrongful death between 1930 and 1941.

greybeard":3j4m2kxl said:
The guy sounds a lot like "Dr" John Brinkley..the goat gland doctor....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Brinkley

As recounted in the biography that Brinkley had commissioned, he struck upon the idea of transplanting goat testicles into men when a patient came to him to ask if he could fix someone who was "sexually weak". Brinkley responded by joking that the patient would have no problem if he had "a pair of those buck [goat] glands in you". The patient then begged Brinkley to try the operation, which Brinkley did, for $150. (The patient's son later told The Kansas City Star that Brinkley had in fact offered to pay his father "handsomely" if he'd go along with the experiment.)[14]

At his clinic, Brinkley began to perform more operations he claimed would restore male virility and fertility through implanting the testicular glands of goats in his male patients at a cost of $750 per operation[18] ($9,000 in current value). Following one of his crude operations, the body of a patient would typically absorb the goat gonads as foreign matter. The organs were never accepted as part of the body since they were simply placed into the human male testicle sac or the abdomen of women, near the ovaries. Unsurprisingly, in light of his questionable medical training (75 percent completion at a less-than-reputable medical school), frequency of operating while intoxicated and less-than sterile operating environments, some patients suffered from infection, and an undetermined number died. Brinkley would be sued more than a dozen times for wrongful death between 1930 and 1941.
After the operation I wonder if they had the urge to pee on their beards

After the operation I wonder if they had the urge to pee on their beards
My husband & I got the shot & oh my gosh what a difference it has made. It's been 3 months & still no pain! I'll try anything once but this is something that I can honestly say has helped us both. I feel 20 years younger. Will definitely make the 6 hour drive again!

My husband & I got the shot & oh my gosh what a difference it has made. It's been 3 months & still no pain! I'll try anything once but this is something that I can honestly say has helped us both. I feel 20 years younger. Will definitely make the 6 hour drive again!
Hmmmmm.........first post and about something that sounds like snake oil.

Get the shot and/or regimen of pills at your nearest "Urgent Care" facility which are as common as Dollar General stores. Steroids, cortisone, corticosteroids, anti-inflammatories, that's the name of the game..

Some times I wonder why I try to make an honest living when I could just peddle miracle cures to the gullible.

Latest posts