The Ideal Beefmaster Female

Help Support CattleToday:

East Caney

Reaction score

I think she's as close as it gets. I thought I'd post her here for a barn-blind eye exam. I know if I'm hallucinating, there won't be a shortage of folks to let me know the same.

She is a very attractive female! I could not say that "she is perfect" though, without seeing her move. But by this picture, she sure is beautiful. :)

SHe's close to the ideal, to be closer you must see more of a wedge (lower flank) and a touch more refinement in the neck and shouders.

Saw what I would consider the ideal beefaster cow two weeks ago, don't think I took a photo, but I'll have a look to see if I did.

WalnutCrest":8e2lm1yt said:
Looks like a solid cow who'd benefit most people's herds.

How old?

What, if anything, besides grass and mineral, does she get?

She's been getting a 2:1 salt and meal. As you can see, "lush" is not a word used to describe my pasture conditions.

KNERSIE":28bd31tm said:
SHe's close to the ideal, to be closer you must see more of a wedge (lower flank) and a touch more refinement in the neck and shouders.

Saw what I would consider the ideal beefaster cow two weeks ago, don't think I took a photo, but I'll have a look to see if I did.

I've always wished she was juuuust a touch smoother through the shoulders. You'll have to educate me a little on what you're looking for in the lower flank.

Not a beefmaster cow, but this one has a nice wedge (flank is lower than chest, yet very deep-bodied overall).

WCCC_Violet_-_8yrs_old.jpg

An old timer told me once to think a 'pear shaped woman' when thinking about a cow with a wedge shape...

:ducks-and-runs:

WalnutCrest":25dojnrx said:
Not a beefmaster cow, but this one has a nice wedge (flank is lower than chest, yet very deep-bodied overall).

WCCC_Violet_-_8yrs_old.jpg

An old timer told me once to think a 'pear shaped woman' when thinking about a cow with a wedge shape...

:ducks-and-runs:

I understand what you're referring to now. Do you have any photos of heifers with that shape? I see the extra depth of body this cow has, but the angle of the stomach itself seems to be lost where the udder distends.

I know nothing about Beefmasters (or any of the brahma influenced breeds actually) but that is a pretty cow. I think if I lived elsewhere and needed ear on my cattle, this would be the breed that would interest me most.

Latest posts