The Guv does something right

Help Support CattleToday:

MillIronQH

Reaction score
On Tuesday, March 27, Governor Rick Perry (R) signed Senate Bill 378, NRA-supported "Castle Doctrine" legislation. Governor Perry's signature made Texas the first state to adopt "Castle Doctrine" legislation in 2007! SB 378 will protect individuals who use force to defend themselves in their home, car and their place of business or employment, from criminal prosecution and civil lawsuits. It also states that you have no "duty to retreat" from an attack if you are in a place where you have a right to be, if you did not provoke your attacker, and if you are not engaged in criminal activity yourself.

Good for Texas!

The mayor here in Montgomery recently told everyone to get themselves a gun to protect themselves.........because the Police can't be everywhere at once.

We'll see how that plays out with the gun control nuts.

MillIronQH":188ofaya said:
On Tuesday, March 27, Governor Rick Perry (R) signed Senate Bill 378, NRA-supported "Castle Doctrine" legislation. Governor Perry's signature made Texas the first state to adopt "Castle Doctrine" legislation in 2007! SB 378 will protect individuals who use force to defend themselves in their home, car and their place of business or employment, from criminal prosecution and civil lawsuits. It also states that you have no "duty to retreat" from an attack if you are in a place where you have a right to be, if you did not provoke your attacker, and if you are not engaged in criminal activity yourself.

Just like Texas, copying off Oklahoma. We passes the "Make My Day" law years ago.

You know what they say "Dont mess with Texas, you might P!ss off Oklahoma and then you'll be in a world of trouble!" :lol: :lol:

Yea and the reason the slogan is Oklahoma is OK is because noone knew how to spell mediocre. :p :lol: :lol: Z

Yep, we did that down here either last year or the year before. I guess they figured that since no one was retreating anyway they might as well make it law. :lol:

"That's right officer I tried to get away from him. He just happened to be between me and my exit".
FIREdevil.gif
Z

As bad as I hated to,I had to write Gov Perry a "you done good" email. :oops: :shock: .I've sent him a lot of "You absolute flaming idiot"ones. :roll:

A little off the topic, but Missouri Senate and House are currently working on legislation that will prevent government entities from being able to confiscate legally owned firearms/weapons in a disaster. Some people are saying it is just a few senators grandstanding and isn't necessary. That's what the people in New Orleans thought also! Most of them will probably never have their guns returned.

Someone told me this morning that in DC only police and congressmen can carry guns. What the H is a congressman carrying a gun for. They shoot themselves in the foot all the time without guns.

If they feel so compelled to carry guns they must being doing something wrong IMHO.

flaboy?":13cg52e6 said:
Someone told me this morning that in DC only police and congressmen can carry guns. What the H is a congressman carrying a gun for. They shoot themselves in the foot all the time without guns.

If they feel so compelled to carry guns they must being doing something wrong IMHO.

Could be a major part of the reason that the crime rate is so high in our nation's capital.Z

MillIronQH":1ca2yva3 said:
Yea and the reason the slogan is Oklahoma is OK is because noone knew how to spell mediocre. :p :lol: :lol: Z

Actually the state slogan is "Native America"

We had considered Mediocre but decided against it when we heard Texas was considering Hum-Drum as thiers.

Im so glad they went with "Friendship" instead, allthough I did hear they are re-considering again, someone suggested copycat. :lol:

Hmm, no response

I guess all the loyal Texans are sleeping, course they might be researching what their state slogan actually is before feigning outrage. 8)

Actually, I love Texas. They are a great source of cheap labor. ;-)

3MR":2pnf9e4z said:
Hmm, no response

I guess all the loyal Texans are sleeping, course they might be researching what their state slogan actually is before feigning outrage. 8)

Actually, I love Texas. They are a great source of cheap labor. ;-)

Just keep diggin' that hole, dude!!! :p

Alice

Not a problem, I just picked up a couple of Texans to do it for me. :lol: :lol:

The only thing I cant figure out is how they plan on getting out of the hole after they dig it. I did ask them about it and they said not to worry. Texans were experts at digging big holes and crawling out. :lol:

Alice":4bfzbwxr said:
Those Texans must've graduated from OSU... :p

Alice

Probably, we have special education classes full of them up here. Some people think they should get an asteric on their diploma, but I disagree. They should get some recognition for going to OSU. After all they could have graduated at the top of their class at Texas A&M. :lol:

fit2btied":ku0567fa said:
A little off the topic, but Missouri Senate and House are currently working on legislation that will prevent government entities from being able to confiscate legally owned firearms/weapons in a disaster. Some people are saying it is just a few senators grandstanding and isn't necessary. That's what the people in New Orleans thought also! Most of them will probably never have their guns returned.
Mob mentality can exist on either side of a badge. When it kicks in rights of the people and laws mean nothing.

Latest posts