the GREAT John Wayne!

Help Support CattleToday:

I laughed my arse off at McClintock, but my all-time favorite is probably "Cowboys" Or maybe whichever one I am watching at the time! :D

The critics say that The Searchers, Red River and The Quiet Man are among his best (in addition to True Grit) and I must say I agree, as I'm very fond of all three. I especially like the interplay between Big John and Victor Mclaglen in The Quite Man. I also like and watch McClintock about once a year, but the one Wayne movie that I find myself watching several times a year is El Dorado. The critics hate it and say it is a poor remake of Rio Bravo. But I think the dialogue from the "Bull" character (Arthur Hunnicutt) is wonderful and very humorous, and I love the opening theme song and the western art scenes that are shown in the opening credits of the movie which, by the way, were painted by Olaf Weighorst, who also had a role in the movie.

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is another real good one. Gosh, I guess I could go on and on --- as is probably obvious, I'm a big fan of John Wayne, though I do not care for his WW2 theme movies.

fellersbarnoneranch":18rkk4kc said:
What's your favorite John Wayne film?

Verry simple choice. Whichever western is playing at the time. I have to agree with AZ on the world war theme movies.

1. The Quiet Man

2. True Grit

3. Rio Bravo

I read a good interview with Glen Campbell ( the singer who tried to break into acting in True Grit ) several years ago and he said that the reason the "Duke" won the Oscar for best actor is that he ( Glen ) did so badly that it made John Wayne look that much better. :lol: He also commented that they gave him little pony to ride while the Duke was on that huge horse and it just made the Duke look that much bigger. I had never noticed it but the next time I saw the movie it was true.
;-)

The only john wayne I'm familiar with is the one for opening cans. Who or waht is a john wayne?

dun

dun":14q6i3la said:
The only john wayne I'm familiar with is the one for opening cans. Who or waht is a john wayne?

dun

:shock: :shock: :shock: Oh my God!! You can't be serious dun?? :shock: :shock: :shock: