The good die young.

Help Support CattleToday:

glacierridge

Reaction score
No, not talking about Paul Walker...
My mom would have been 72 on the 4th.
She was born 3 days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor.
Some of you might not think that is young, but she had so much life left in her.

Her life was taken about 3 1/2 years ago in a car accident, she raised me well and was a beautiful soul.

I wish everyone would have had a mother like her, but I know that is not the case, she was the exception.

Hoping for a little peace on earth and good will toward men this season in her honor.
:heart:

FH000055-10_zps4fd9261d.jpg

Old photo of her and my dad before kids, haha.

It's tough to lose someone you love so quickly, but at least the memories stay.

I really like that picture too,,, got the land yacht and everything.

She looks wonderful!!!

Mothers are, well, just unique. Sorry you lost her and yes --71 is young.

(That, is no land yacht. Looks an awful lot like a '61 Nash Metropolitan. They were little tiny things. You may remember this song--it was reportedly written about a Nash Metro.
Beep beep. Beep! Beep! Beep beep. Beep! Beep!
His horn went beep beep beep. Beep! Beep!
)

[youtube]eDSk4zwjg5A[/youtube]

sorry for your loss, that is an awesome photo, looks like a still shot from a movie, and your folks look like movie stars! A good friend of mine has a photo of her parents sitting in a booth in a diner about 1938 and again, they look like they could be in a movie scene. I think in a few years we are going to regret the passing of film photos.....

Anne, nice tribute to your parents. The photo is a genuine CLASSIC masterpiece. Your dad is a character. Glad you get to enjoy him. You resemble your mom! :D :D :D

Looks like they were on the road in an Safari Airstream. That was a CLASSIC too.

Glacier... thanks for sharing that photo, and the story. That is exactly how my Dad died about 6 years ago..in a car accident. Never is an easy thing to have someone we love die so suddenly, but just gotta cherish the mempries.... BTW. is that a NASH they are sitting in??

Anne
Sorry about your mom. Yes, good moms are hard to come by. You are blessed to be raised by such a wonderful woman. Cherish you dad while you still have him! I bet he misses your mom too.

Very cool photo Anne! I hope you have it framed.
I also lost my dad very young. He was only 62. He had went through WWII, the Batan Death March and was a POW for 3 1/2 years. It all took its tole on his health. He passed from heart failure. My mom was 83 when she passed. Still not easy at that age. A huge part of you is gone.......

The only thing we leave our children with, that is worth having is their values. I think you honor her memory well.

Thank you all.
You all are wonderful.
Dad did have a rough day...
But I'm glad he's got all us kids to lean on.
I'm working on getting this image framed, want a nice frame and a nice place to hang it up.
I don't really know all the details on the vehicle other than it was their friend's in New York when they visited them.
Does make for a nice photo tho.
It actually was from a slide originally, had to edit it a little but I think it worked out nice.

It's definitely a Nash Metropolitan---the inset along the top of the door is unique to the Met and always a dead giveawy--and it had a purpose. The thing was so small, that when driving it, you really had no room for your left arm to rest comfortably, even on top of the open window. (most were 3 speeds so your right arm and hand was busy shifting)
That inset, allowed the driver a place to rest thier forearm without having it dangle completely out in traffic or the airstream.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_Metropolitan

A neat car, and again--a great picture.

Nice tribute to your Mum, and a great photo, I know how hard it is to loose your Mum at an early age mine was only 58 when she died, my Dad not far behind her I think he died of a broken heart, as we all say 'The best parents in the World'

Latest posts