The crazy train

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
My mind is befuddled at the recent news that one of my friends may be going to prison for 10 years. I just can't believe our justice system has come to this.

Here is a summary of what happened. Two POS, one black one white, kicked in the door to a family's home and held them at gunpoint while they robbed them. While robbing them one of them spit in the face of the wife who had been fortunate enough to dial 911. When officers arrived the two POS fired on deputies and led them on a high speed chase through a small town and into the country where they eventually ran out of ammunition and crashed their stolen(?) vehicle. The two POS exited the vehicle and my friend told them to lay down and not run or he'd kick their azz. They ran and after some time they eventually subdued them and my friend - being true to his word - roughed them up a little but nothing major.

As the crazy world goes the Feds caught wind of this and my friend has been brought up on civil rights charges and his punishment for this is a $250,000 fine and up to ten years in prison. (thank goodness he didn't hit the black guy) Now, these two POS are looking at getting a big check for the violation of their "civil rights" and my friend's life is ruined all for doing his job and being human.

Now, I do agree he shouldn't have punched the POS no matter what the sorry azz said but after being shot at and having my co-workers shot at I can't say I wouldn't have done the same because I know my adrenaline would have been rushing and I would surely have been in fight mode and its hard to just turn this off. Its human nature. One judge said their mistake was they didn't kill them when they had the chance but does that not show how he used restraint? I don't know. Its just mind boggling that these POS who should have been in jail in the first place were out and able to commit more crimes and now we will be giving them a check and an apology and a good man is ruined.

they should have just killed them

first the family got robbed at gunpoint then they got robbed again when they have to pay to house and feed the POS

i am sorry about your friend

It makes no sense... I'm against police brutality as much as the next guy, but I would expect to be handled pretty rough if I was shooting at them.. Feel sorry for your friend

I saw this in the news and think it is terrible and certainly not fair. Criminals come out on top any way it goes. Too many rights lead to the downfall of a nation. That is happening in America right now. So sorry about your friend. He looked like a very nice person.

Time to secede again the federal government is nothing but a hungry tryant with way over reaching power.
I truly belive you couldn't find an honest federal politician or judge our system has become so corrupt.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Ladies and gentlemen that is exactly what we are doing... NOTHING!

Your friend was with the other deputy. What was the other deputy doing when they fled? Where was the other deputy when they were recaptured and your friend assaulted the white POS?

My point: your friend could have used a little cover in the form of testimony to explain why your friend had to employ physical force. Have you read an official report? Or acquired this information by word of mouth? You and I both know what that means.

Jo, I spent 33 years working in enforcement. Not with police powers but under the legislative authority granted by Congress to federal agencies. I admit that how I was treated by the party being regulated might influence the outcome. I related an incident on CT where I was intimidated by a coal mining company. I confessed that it caused me to take stricter action than I normally would. You commented on that thread that my action was inappropriate.

The two deputies are in the same circumstances. I was not fired at but the foreman incited his workers by telling them I was taking their livelihood. Both instances are emotional. It goes with the territory. The deputy's action was inappropriate regardless of his emotional state. At least that is the position you took with my circumstances.

Having said that, I feel bad for your friend. Civil Rights convictions (let's keep in mind he has not been convicted) carry severe punishment.

inyati13":2tcomefa said:
Both instances are emotional. It goes with the territory. The deputy's action was inappropriate regardless of his emotional state. At least that is the position you took with my circumstances.

Did he do wrong? Yes, he admitted this himself which I think is a testament to his character. Is a $250,000 fine and up to 10 years in prison a fair punishment?

Jogeephus":l6lmi24k said:
inyati13":l6lmi24k said:
Both instances are emotional. It goes with the territory. The deputy's action was inappropriate regardless of his emotional state. At least that is the position you took with my circumstances.

Did he do wrong? Yes, he admitted this himself which I think is a testament to his character. Is a $250,000 fine and up to 10 years in prison a fair punishment?

I agree his admission is a show of good faith.

Do you know the extent of the assault? Was it a slap? Were teeth knocked out? Was the other deputy a witness to the assault?

The measure of punishment should fit the extent of the assault. If a civil rights claim is being pursued, what other acts occurred? Was he forced against his will? Lots of issues to examine for a proper discussion. Probably beyond the scope of this thread.

If there were serious civil rights violations, could be bad for your friend.

I don't know the extent of the assault but it couldn't have been much because the GBI looked into it and gave him a pass but someone pushed it to the feds and they seem to be in need of a scapegoat.

Jogeephus":2s2d21qk said:
I don't know the extent of the assault but it couldn't have been much because the GBI looked into it and gave him a pass but someone pushed it to the feds and they seem to be in need of a scapegoat.

Jo, was the White offender the only one the civil rights charges are grounded on?

Or did the Feds action include charges they also violated the black man's civil rights.

I ask because it is not common for feds to go out of their way to pursue infringements on a white man's civil rights.

He didn't hit any black person. Sadly, that's been the bit of dark humor because people have joked had he done that the town would be on fire.

There is a lot I don't know so excuse me if I don't have all the answers but I've tried to let the dust settle before I bothered anyone that I trust who will state facts rather than embellish. The consensus from those I've talked to has been he is being railroaded.

Jogeephus":kvvskrzm said:
He didn't hit any black person. Sadly, that's been the bit of dark humor because people have joked had he done that the town would be on fire.

There is a lot I don't know so excuse me if I don't have all the answers but I've tried to let the dust settle before I bothered anyone that I trust who will state facts rather than embellish. The consensus from those I've talked to has been he is being railroaded.

It is a crazy situation when people behave this badly and the one who is there to uphold law and order is facing a life event of this scale.

I am curious how it will end. Seems the other deputy would provide the kind of testimony that would make a conviction at least a challenge. He doesn't have to lie but he could easily provide enough favorable testimony to off-set the two offenders.

this is the kind of thing the masses should be in uproar about but wont be..either they don't care or they don't know...either way the end result wont be what it should be...

unfortunately he couldn't just have shot the 2 pos in the back while they were fleeing so we could've been done with it then...

dam shame how things have become...............

Latest posts