The barter system

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I feel like a country doctor from years ago. I A.I.'d a cow today for some folks down the road and they paid me with two Muscovy ducks and 2 dozen farm eggs :D

I am as pleased as punch. I needed two more Muscovies and I LOVE fresh farm eggs. They said that I worked too cheap. I thought I did ok since they paid for the meds, CIDR and semen. All I did was give the shots and insert / remove the CIDR and A.I. :cowboy:

Maybe they will give you a few more dozen eggs.

I bartered some milk for the butcher processing a lamb and part of a beef.

HOSS":3ica11fj said:
I feel like a country doctor from years ago. I A.I.'d a cow today for some folks down the road and they paid me with two Muscovy ducks and 2 dozen farm eggs :D

I am as pleased as punch. I needed two more Muscovies and I LOVE fresh farm eggs. They said that I worked too cheap. I thought I did ok since they paid for the meds, CIDR and semen. All I did was give the shots and insert / remove the CIDR and A.I. :cowboy:
How many eggs for travel to here? :roll: You can visit with Tommy while your here.

1982vett":2yxpk5wr said:
Don't forget to send Uncle Sam his 6 eggs and quarter duck.....LOL

That's what I was thinking too. Lord child I'd hate to come up short on my cell phone minutes cause of a silly duck. Ain't right. I know my rights.

tom4018":2u1ojvhf said:
HOSS":2u1ojvhf said:

How many eggs for travel to here? :roll: You can visit with Tommy while your here.

Tom, If you are serious we can work out something. If you get the meds and insert the CIDR (tool is like 10 bucks at CO-OP) I'll come up and A.I. a few for gas money and good conversation. If you want I can get some good Balancer or Gelbvieh semen and bring it with me or you can buy what you want up there. I enjoy meeting CT folks. BG area is only about 2 hours drive for me..........then again with gas prices like they are you might be better off hiring a local guy :D

HOSS":dgo40e77 said:
tom4018":dgo40e77 said:
HOSS":dgo40e77 said:

Tom, If you are serious we can work out something. If you get the meds and insert the CIDR (tool is like 10 bucks at CO-OP) I'll come up and A.I. a few for gas money and good conversation. If you want I can get some good Balancer or Gelbvieh semen and bring it with me or you can buy what you want up there. I enjoy meeting CT folks. BG area is only about 2 hours drive for me..........then again with gas prices like they are you might be better off hiring a local guy :D
Hoss, I was joking but may consider it one day. We had a dairy guy do some with about a 60% conception rate. That about trying it my self one day if my arm gets better. Where did you take your training?

HOSS":3uoz4yhm said:

I'll give you 3 steelies,an Aggie,two cats eyes, 4 clearies and a shooter if you will do some for me!

quote]
How many eggs for travel to here? :roll: You can visit with Tommy while your here.[/quote]

Tom, If you are serious we can work out something. If you get the meds and insert the CIDR (tool is like 10 bucks at CO-OP) I'll come up and A.I. a few for gas money and good conversation. If you want I can get some good Balancer or Gelbvieh semen and bring it with me or you can buy what you want up there. I enjoy meeting CT folks. BG area is only about 2 hours drive for me..........then again with gas prices like they are you might be better off hiring a local guy :D[/quote]
Hoss, I was joking but may consider it one day. We had a dairy guy do some with about a 60% conception rate. That about trying it my self one day if my arm gets better. Where did you take your training?[/quote]

Tom,

I went to Mississippi State University and took their program that they run twice per year. I highly recommend it. They do it in March and October.

That conception rate seems pretty low for a dairy guy that does it allot. I have been averaging about 75% and I am still a rookie with just 3 years experience. I am about to get my 2 generation of A.I. calves in a few days :)

3waycross":qedm549r said:
HOSS":qedm549r said:

I'll give you 3 steelies,an Aggie,two cats eyes, 4 clearies and a shooter if you will do some for me!

Throw in that red bull that didn't PAP for you and I will be loading the truck in the morning.....I can be there by Friday afternoon :mrgreen:

Hoss i would go with you to AI 3way's. I could thaw semen and load the gun for you. We could take my box along so you could work with 2 guns. Even take my tank along incase ole 3way ran low on bull juice.

Red Bull Breeder":1eriuo7e said:
Hoss i would go with you to AI 3way's. I could thaw semen and load the gun for you. We could take my box along so you could work with 2 guns. Even take my tank along incase ole 3way ran low on bull juice.

Red Bull.......I gotta go through Arkansas to get there anyway so I'll just swing by and pick you up. Bring some Pepsi Max, a big bag of Bugles and a couple of packages of Twizler liccorice sticks. We can work out a share plan for 3ways "low altitude" red bull. Oh.......I hope you don't mind the Ted Nugent CD playing full time....thats is my travel tunes. :cowboy:

HOSS":1pcjhwed said:

Folks use the barter system around here a lot. Creates good neighbors and a sense of well being. You did good Hoss.

I trade concrete work for just about anything of value . For a long time I had a add in the local paper . It makes it much nicer at the end of the year .

3waycross":28s9s47n said:
HOSS":28s9s47n said:

That could be a whole heap of money these days. Old marbles ain't cheap :D

I think we could make it work Hoss. Ted's tune are fine be me. 3way may object to me bringing my jug along. But heck a cold beers a red cow bred to a red bull dought anyone would know the difference. :D

Red Bull Breeder":1tivcn0e said:
I think we could make it work Hoss. Ted's tune are fine be me. 3way may object to me bringing my jug along. But heck a cold beers a red cow bred to a red bull dought anyone would know the difference. :D

We'll breed his prized Gelbvieh cows with some Limi semen from the rankest Limi bulls we can find :lol: He won't know the difference until those 2 month old calves are chasing his butt out of the pasture. He'll be so busy playing rodeo clown he won't miss his red bull being gone or his fridge emptied of beer. :drink:

Red Bull Breeder":1ljveqeo said:
I will be ready to go, just say when.Got and old bull in the jug called 747, old timers say his offspring would make a jet look slow.
Save that one for joes #57. We can flush her so that a herd can be built quick, they ought to make some real good mamas. Hoss when you come across on 40 at exit 239 you will only be 12 miles from AC and I.

Latest posts