The ads are driving me nuts!

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE

Reaction score
I want to answer a pm I received, but this d@mn ads keep popping up where I am supposed to access my inbox. Anyone else have the same problem?

Bear Grylls goofball TV show's (I have never seen any of his shows) popup ad is really getting to be annoying.

if you'r quick enough hit refresh then run down and click on the message,, or go up the left side of the add where it says'' user'' click on it them your private message will come up

Are you using internet explorer? I use Mozilla Firefox and that cuts out a large percentage of pop ups. I don't even know what you are talking about as far as ads blocking your inbox. I've never seen those. Additionally, firefox is not part of your operating system so it doesn't allow viruses as easy access to the important parts of you computer.

gberry":37npqcvh said:
Are you using internet explorer? I use Mozilla Firefox and that cuts out a large percentage of pop ups. I don't even know what you are talking about as far as ads blocking your inbox. I've never seen those. Additionally, firefox is not part of your operating system so it doesn't allow viruses as easy access to the important parts of you computer.

Yes, I'm using Internet Explorer, can I download Firefox for free?

KNERSIE":311wzl30 said:
gberry":311wzl30 said:

Yes Firefox is free.....I'm using Inertnet Explorer and have never had a problem???????

Could be your monitor settings????

Jovid":p4b3bm4x said:
KNERSIE":p4b3bm4x said:
gberry":p4b3bm4x said:

Yes Firefox is free.....I'm using Inertnet Explorer and have never had a problem???????

Could be your monitor settings????
I use IE8 and have never had a problem. Mozilla just seemed a pain in the butt and tedious, but I've been using IE for so long I'm used to it and don;t like change

I must be lucky cause I get no pop ups at all over where I sign in. Could it be because I use a Mac? Just wondering.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now they are centered in the page and the CattleToday.com's Question and Answer Boards logo is rotated 90 degrees.

My home computer has the same problem.

If you click user control panel you can get into your PM's that way. At the school its perfectly fine.

Here is what I see as of 8:30 tonight

2pqn79x.jpg

I get the ads too but they are now all at the top and completely out of the way. Nothing affected and I too am using IE 8.

TexasBred":2ux7046q said:
I get the ads too but they are now all at the top and completely out of the way. Nothing affected and I too am using IE 8.
With the latest updates?

A pretty woman doing the ad would look a lot better. The guy with the big square box head that's on there now looks more like a Prison Warden than a cattleman.

So what you're saying, Curtis, is that you personally know what prison wardens look like. But maybe I'm reading too much into this. :D

Roadapple":3s4dgt49 said:
So what you're saying, Curtis, is that you personally know what prison wardens look like. But maybe I'm reading too much into this. :D
:lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts