!@$# that hurt

Help Support CattleToday:

Calhoun Farm

Reaction score
Was worming some steers yesterday, one lunged forward and my finger got caught between the headgate handle and a support post. Broken bone at the tip, nail had to be removed, 7 stitches and hurts like a SOB

Spent two hrs in ER getting poked and prodded on. Happened so fast I didn't have time to move my hand,

backhoeboogie":3jgvsttk said:
Glad you went to the hospital. Way to many folks wait a day or two.

I didn't have a choice, at first I thought the end of my finger was gone. :cry2:

The first few day are painful. After that you'll want to rip that finger brace thing off. But if you bang the tip on anything for up to a month, you'll know it and jump 10 feet in the air like a cat.

Glad you didn't lose it. The more you bang it on things the faster it will de-sensitize so don't favor it to much if you can stand not to.

When I was a kid I saw a man lose his finger at the first joint pulling out bleeders while dehorning. He got his hand between a heifer's head and the top bar of the head gate. My dad left me behind to look for his finger. What I found looked like it had been run through a meat grinder.

Dang that looks painful. Hope it's on your left hand and hope you're right handed or it's gonna be a tuff couple of weeks.

Latest posts