Thanksgiving

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
What are ya'll Thanksgiving traditions and plans? :pop:

The sons and I will go coon hunting the night before. Deer hunt in the am. Turkey and ham dinner early afternoon. In laws for dessert (pumpkin and pecan pies). Maybe throw around the pigskin. Probably run a few hands of Texas Hold em.

callmefence said:
Deer hunt, eat turkey, drink whiskey, fight.....in that order.

Reminds me of the story of the farmer that hired a college kid one summer to help around the farm. At the end of the summer the farmer says, "Son, since you have done such a fine job here this summer, I am going to throw a party for you." The college guy says, "Right on, thanks a lot man." So the farmer says, "Well you better be able to handle a few beers because there will be lotsa drinkn' going on." College guy "Hey, I can drink just as much as anyone else so I should do just fine." Farmer "There is also going to be a lot of fightn' so I hope you are ready." College guy "I have been working hard all summer and I think I am in pretty good shape." Farmer says, "Well, did I mention that there will be lotsa s*x" College guy "Good. I have been out here all summer and I have been dying for some action. What should I wear to this party?" Farmer says, "I don't care it's just going to be me and you.

We're going to venture out. I might make it as far as the chicken coop. You won't see me getting much farther out than that. As I understand, we'll have 38 guests.

Drive to the daughters, see all the kids, grandkids and great grandkids. Try to sneak off without anybody following us back home. Never know how many will show up here Friday to deer hunt.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:
Deer hunt, eat turkey, drink whiskey, fight.....in that order.

We like to get the fighting done first.

And get all worn out before huntin? We usually put the fightin in between the huntin, and the eatin, so everything is settled before we eat.

I think I'll talk impeachment with my ultra-conservative father, followed by some talk about Hillary's popular vote win, Russia and then practice my Ukrainian. Should make for a great day.

Run 5k(Turkey Trot), Eat (with a good Cabernet), nap, Eat more, more desserts, beer, movies …..

I think I'll abstain from all the festivities this year, tired of gettin whooped. Just have the wife bring me a plate, and as long as her homemade cranberry salad is there, I'm good.

My nephew, Phil (who lives with me) and I were born & raised in R.I. Most of our family is there (except my daughter in Vermont). Anyway, we will have anywhere from 8-14 come from R.I. and stay a week. I don't have to do any of the cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundry, nothing in the household. I just hunt with all the guys. My sister (Phil's mom) and a niece take care of the household. They arrive tomorrow.
We will have a turkey and we have meat dressing. This is a French tradition. I had never tasted bread dressing until I got married. Sister makes a lot of it, then makes meat pies with the meat dressing & mashed potatoes - and freezes a couple for us later. YUM

Be sure to talk politics with all the relatives on Thanksgiving. That way you won't have to buy as many Christmas presents this year.

We will go to the community center (former school). One of the local families supplies the turkey, stuffing, potatoes, and gravy. The rest is potluck. A good portion of the community will be there. It is a tradition started by that family years ago. The grandmother in that family is 90 years old and she said it started before she was born. They eat at 12:30. Most of the ranchers leave to do chores. They put the food in the gym where the heat is way down so it is like a big frig. At about 6:00 they pull the food out and everyone gets together for another feast. It is supposed to snow Tuesday evening and well into Wednesday. Then turn off cold so travel would be a pain.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Bestoutwest said:
I think I'll talk impeachment with my ultra-conservative father, followed by some talk about Hillary's popular vote win, Russia and then practice my Ukrainian. Should make for a great day.

Just come to my house and we'll follow my usual protocol.

YES! That sounds like a hoot!

Latest posts