thanksgiving is coming

Help Support CattleToday:

Well Peg,I could probably write a full book on things I'm thankful for.
But I rekon I could say that I am thankful for all my family and friends and at 66 years old I can still see the sunrise of a morning and still do a pretty good day's work.

I promised the man above several years ago if he would let me see just a few more sunrises I would be thankful for every one of them. I have seen a bunch since then and hope to see a lot more.

Cal

Glad you brought it up Peg! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

I have many things to be thankful for, the thing that's most on my mind this year is that both my parents are still with us and still healthy. (Both of hubby's have passed on now, and it's just not the same when their family gets together) And I am very thankful that both of us still have our jobs. There's plenty more, but those are the big ones.

The menu will include turkey and dressing, ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, various vegetables and salads, home-made rolls, and several desserts. One of the desserts will be pumpkin pie for sure, and somebody always brings buttermilk chocolate cake and/or brownies for the choca-holics.

We'll over-eat and then we'll visit and catch up since some of us haven't seen each other since LAST Thanksgiving. And of course we'll "dis" the ones who didn't come this year. :help:

I am thankful for a lot of things. Fine people I have known and that have had a good influence in my life.
Friends that I may not see often, but I think they are very valuable people.
For the many opportunities I have had in my life. A lot of them I just took for granted at the time. But now see more and more how fortunate I have been.
Most of all-Christ and the blessings He made possible.

(I am really thankful that I had the opportunity to grow up in this nation while it was still a Christian nation before what's his name said it wasn't.)

Menu-I don't know. Doesn't much matter.

Ryder":j3qwwjqu said:
I am thankful for a lot of things. Fine people I have known and that have had a good influence in my life.
Friends that I may not see often, but I think they are very valuable people.
For the many opportunities I have had in my life. A lot of them I just took for granted at the time. But now see more and more how fortunate I have been.
Most of all-Christ and the blessings He made possible.

(I am really thankful that I had the opportunity to grow up in this nation while it was still a Christian nation before what's his name said it wasn't.)

Menu-I don't know. Doesn't much matter.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Let me add to that. A great wife, 4 great kids, and an outstanding grand-daughter. Never enough money, but always our daily bread and a roof over our head.

And speaking of kids - 2 that are college edjumacated with great jobs, the other 2 due out with honors in the spring.

Both parents are alive, we're all reasonably well, and life is just good.

Some pretty black girls that call my name every time I come in the drive, a few animals that act just like jack-asses that holler too. Just not a single complaint in the world....

And always thankful that people like Peg are around to help remind us that life is good.

Thanks Peg. I hope your journey continues to be good.

I just feel like every day is a day to give thanks.. :heart: . So far things are going good :D

Menu~~ Whatever my son fixes~~~ He sits me down in front of the tv with a good movie on,brings me a fixed plate,washes up the dishes~~ I did something right there----Hopefully my daughter and her husband can make it this year..She got shingles a couple of months ago,so she's not to sure how she'll be..

btw--was in W~M couple days ago***they had Christmas stuff on the shelves!!

well lets see what am i thankful for.im thankful that ive made it through another year.an im thankful for my friends.an my friends are getting fewer.esp since i lost my best friend in may.an im thankful for my CT friends.im very thankful for my great nephew.i dont know whats on the menu this year.

I am thankful for my wife and children, grand children. I was notified yesterday that one of my grand daughters eloped with her long time boyfriend who is in the Army. The other grand daughter will make me a great grand father in April. Darn I'm over the hill. I have so many things to be thankful for, It's hard to list it all. And I have my Lily to help me check the cows.
Tom

The first thing that comes to mind is my SIL's baby. Found out this week it's a boy, so I'm on the lookout for tons of fun gifts for my nephew. He'll be my MIL's first grandchild. SIL and BIL just bought a new house and will close on it in a couple of weeks, so I'm sure we'll be helping them move around Thanksgiving. Happy times for me.
I also think about all the people I know who've lost jobs, and I am constantly praying for better days for them. And I hope this doesn't sound petty or snobbish, but it makes me very thankful that my husband's job is going well and the company he works for isn't in as bad shape as many others. I almost feel guilty about him doing well when so many people are struggling so much.
And I'm thankful for many things other's have already touched on as well.

farmwriter":3nlar7de said:
And I hope this doesn't sound petty or snobbish, but it makes me very thankful that my husband's job is going well and the company he works for isn't in as bad shape as many others. I almost feel guilty about him doing well when so many people are struggling so much.

Having a job is definitely a good thing. :) No need to apologize. :)

farmwriter":3nlar7de said:
And I'm thankful for many things other's have already touched on as well.

I continue to wake up in the morning. It ain't much, but it's a prerequisite for anything else.

As you know we don't have thanksgiving, but I have a lot to be greatful and thankful for. good family good friends both in person and cyber. Hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving......Ours is Christmas. and I can't wait as this year I will have all my children and grandchild around me for the first time in 13 years.

ththnaksgiving.gif

I am thankful everyday ~ like many on here, I don't need a holiday to remind me I have been blessed.

As far as the food though, thats not something that happens everyday:
Roast tame duck with apple/raisin dressing
Mashed potatoes (or my sisters nasty "potato surprise" :help: )
Scalloped corn
Green bean hotdish
Seafoam salad (jello salad)
Pasta salad
7 layer salad (lettuce + other stuff salad)
buns
and a BUNCH of pies!!

This year I am not cooking turkey, so there will not be any turkey emergencies ~ I will never forget how helpful you all were last time. :roll:

angie":l9pffqir said:
I am thankful everyday ~ like many on here, I don't need a holiday to remind me I have been blessed.

As far as the food though, thats not something that happens everyday:
Roast tame duck with apple/raisin dressing
Mashed potatoes (or my sisters nasty "potato surprise" :help: )
Scalloped corn
Green bean hotdish
Seafoam salad (jello salad)
Pasta salad
7 layer salad (lettuce + other stuff salad)
buns
and a BUNCH of pies!!

This year I am not cooking turkey, so there will not be any turkey emergencies ~ I will never forget how helpful you all were last time. :roll:
:lol2: :p

That sounds fab Angie. Throw a small turkey in with that duck and you will have two perfect birds..

We had our Thanksgiving already, but I thank God everyday for what I have had and what I have.. Loved ones , friends, a roof over my head , food on the table, my pets and my business.

May God bless us all and keep us safe, healthy and happy .. :heart:

I'm thankful that I have found my true love. I have known her for quite some time (8 years) and we started dating over the summer. Now, we are engaged and will be getting married next December. I am building a house so that once we are married, we will have a new house to move into and start our family together.

Well now, lets see. Thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the love and devotion of a good woman, 3 daughters who make me proud, a sturdy roof over my head, a good job, friends and family, and many other things.

One thing is a constant for me on Thanksgiving day. My Mamaw's turkey and dressing recipe, which has now been passed down to the fourth generation and will be cooked in extended family homes throughout Texas, Mississippi, and Louisiana on Thanksgiving.

greatgerts":25japq03 said:
I'm thankful that I have found my true love. I have known her for quite some time (8 years) and we started dating over the summer. Now, we are engaged and will be getting married next December. I am building a house so that once we are married, we will have a new house to move into and start our family together.

CONGRATULATIONS GERTS!!!

I waited 48 years for the love o' my life (after 2 bad attempts) and believe me, he is SO WORTH IT! :pretty: :D :nod:
Blessings to you and your sweetie!

As far as Thanksgiving, I have to work on the actual day so we'll have ours with our kids and grandkids on Saturday or Sunday following. We have a pretty traditional dinner; Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberries, plus an
assortment of desserts and jello concoctions! But the best thing is just the BEING ALL TOGETHER. The older I get,
the more I appreciate my family and my friends and I thank God for each and every day I have with them.

LazyARanch":2lqvuj5y said:
greatgerts":2lqvuj5y said:

CONGRATULATIONS GERTS!!!

I waited 48 years for the love o' my life (after 2 bad attempts) and believe me, he is SO WORTH IT! :pretty: :D :nod:
Blessings to you and your sweetie!

As far as Thanksgiving, I have to work on the actual day so we'll have ours with our kids and grandkids on Saturday or Sunday following. We have a pretty traditional dinner; Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberries, plus an
assortment of desserts and jello concoctions! But the best thing is just the BEING ALL TOGETHER. The older I get,
the more I appreciate my family and my friends and I thank God for each and every day I have with them.

Thanks! These last couple of years, I have started to be thankful for the things in life that truly mean the most. I always have been thankful for them, but they are just meaning so much more now.

Latest posts