Thanksgiving food quiz.

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
Here's a quiz for ya. What is this stuff? Seems to appear every Thanksgiving. Any idea?

016.JPG

dun":331bjsh1 said:
Lokks like a disgusint corn casserole my mother used to make.
My mom has quit fixing because everyone was making fun of how bad it was, everyone's conclusion was it needed something to season it a little more, pretty bland.

denvermartinfarms":1u772zei said:
dun":1u772zei said:
My mom has quit fixing because everyone was making fun of how bad it was, everyone's conclusion was it needed something to season it a little more, pretty bland.
You need to learn to enjoy the finer things in life. :lol2:

sim.-ang.king":3awf8jf3 said:
denvermartinfarms":3awf8jf3 said:
dun":3awf8jf3 said:
You need to learn to enjoy the finer things in life. :lol2:
:lol2: I like stuff as plain as it can be made, and I like corn, but that stuff really left something to be desired.

It was funny to everyone because my mom is a great cook and it's not often she makes something that doesn't go over.

We call it corn casserole too. It's not bad and I like it, but I think the problem is; when compared to everything else set for the meal, it sux. Why waste time and space for corn casserole?

I think it's appropriate for thanksgiving because it makes you thankful that you only get it once a year

Well there is that. /\ /\ /\

For me, they can also keep that green bean casserole too. One of the very few things that can't be 'fixed' no matter how much bacon you add to it.

not ever having had corn casserole I couldn't say if I would like it or not, if it is anything like corn bread I would but if it is anything like it looks a porridge cake then no way, that is one thing I would give thanks to not having again.

Hope everyone has a good weekend..

Kingfisher":o0qojmfn said:
I know this...it needs catsup! :)

This is what my youngest son would say. "catsup is like blue jeans; goes with anything". I will admit my kids have taken after me, and we eat really weird combinations of stuff. Last night, about 1am, I couldn't sleep and needed a midnight snack. I got a bowl of "Oreo Ice Cream". My 11 year old daughter heard me millin around and came downstairs. She got the box of "Cheezits" from the pantry. We were sitting indian style on the floor next to the wood stove when she dipped her Cheezit into my ice cream on a dare. Lordy that was the beginning of a good thing. We crunched those Cheezits up into that ice cream and it was heavenly. Daughter and I had a good time, and found a new snack. Had to get 2 spoons. Mostly it was the companionship in the wee hours of the morning, but I'm not kiddin none, it is good.
Alright sim, add that to your quiz :lol2:

Ouachita":394glt3v said:
Kingfisher":394glt3v said:
I know this...it needs catsup! :)

This is what my youngest son would say. "catsup is like blue jeans; goes with anything". I will admit my kids have taken after me, and we eat really weird combinations of stuff. Last night, about 1am, I couldn't sleep and needed a midnight snack. I got a bowl of "Oreo Ice Cream". My 11 year old daughter heard me millin around and came downstairs. She got the box of "Cheezits" from the pantry. We were sitting indian style on the floor next to the wood stove when she dipped her Cheezit into my ice cream on a dare. Lordy that was the beginning of a good thing. We crunched those Cheezits up into that ice cream and it was heavenly. Daughter and I had a good time, and found a new snack. Had to get 2 spoons. Mostly it was the companionship in the wee hours of the morning, but I'm not kiddin none, it is good.
Alright sim, add that to your quiz :lol2:

Sweet and Savory. Been around a long time. Glad you discovered how good it is though!

I can't imagine eating cheezits that smell like a minnow bucket...

Ouachita--holiday memories. Hope they are oft repeated and last 2 lifetimes--your's and her's.

greybeard":2weu62ye said:
I can't imagine eating cheezits that smell like a minnow bucket...

Ouachita--holiday memories. Hope they are oft repeated and last 2 lifetimes--your's and her's.
Well we have a good start. Now she's mixing Fruity Pebbles with the ice cream :lol2: And I'm helping her clean the bowl. Last night may have started something.

Latest posts