Thanks Isom!

Help Support CattleToday:

cow pollinater":1hz3qp4b said:
Even if it is the internet, who in their right mind would argue with a guy named BIGFOOT? I'm pretty tough for my size but I have a hunch I don't want him mad at me. Thank God he's a nice bigfoot.
I've met BIGFOOT in person. His size 16 feet look normal on his body. He is a BIG dude. I wouldn't want to get in a scrap with him without a baseball bat or something. He also has a heart as big as his feet. He is a very nice guy with a great family.

Hoss is a classy guy. So is everyone I have met here. I think I'm up to three people now. We need to have a meet and greet someday.

HOSS":14c3uawv said:
cow pollinater":14c3uawv said:
Even if it is the internet, who in their right mind would argue with a guy named BIGFOOT? I'm pretty tough for my size but I have a hunch I don't want him mad at me. Thank God he's a nice bigfoot.
I've met BIGFOOT in person. His size 16 feet look normal on his body. He is a BIG dude. I wouldn't want to get in a scrap with him without a baseball bat or something. He also has a heart as big as his feet. He is a very nice guy with a great family.

I have a hard enough time trying to find a 14 so I cant imagine trying to get a 16. Thats one thing about being a big guy its hard to get nice shoes or boots in our size. I seen a pair of redwing boots but only go to 13 you want bigger you have to pay and pre-order them and wait weeks if not months to get them. Its hard deciding what kind of boot/shoe you want when you cant try your size on to see how they look. :lol:

I'm just average. But Illnahoot you dead if you're bigger than me and coming at me. So there

Double h has a decent work boot you can order from constructiongear.com. Lucchesse will make a pair of dress boots but there not cheap. Tennis shoes are around every corner for some reason. There sizes are weird. I honestly haven't bought any in years. Wranglers are easier to find. They are usually back ordered. I wear a 38 38. My bad luck, I lost all my clothes once. It was a long couple weeks getting straightened out. A man gave me a pair Bruno maglia dress shoes. They are like $400 new. I did everything in those shoes, and white tube socks wearing 34 length pants. You don't know what you got till its gone.

I wear 36-36, I never have a hard time finding jeans. I did wear True Religion jeans but now I have tryed Levi's again. Never tried Wrangler I thought about it but I never liked the tag on the pockets. Recently bought Dr. Martins Industrial boots and they been the best boots ever and comfortable but you gotta change the soles out and buy good one's or concrete will kill your feet after a few hours of construction work. Best boots ever with a good walmart sole bought and put in there http://www.zappos.com/dr-martens-2296-w ... 07235051:s

A tornado. I went in a Walmart at 4:00 in the morning in sweat pants, bare feet, and a hospital gown. I bought flip flops and two sippy cups. I wanted a can of snuff bad, but my wife said only get the essentials.

hooknline":1gfvbnix said:
I'm just average. But Illnahoot you dead if you're bigger than me and coming at me. So there

Yeah S&W will sure make a mess of a guy no matter what size.. I've been hit with a bat before fractured my forarm. Wasnt nice at all, thats what happens when your bigger then the other guy they like to grab stuff. There bad when your sitting in your lil honda accord then when you get out and they see a bigger picture they get a Bat.. Never want to feel that again :x

Oh :? Sorry to bring memories back. For some reason I was looking for a humorous story. Now, I can find just a litle humor in the snuff factor. ;-) Again, I apologize

I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. It was very humbling, and I must have needed humbled. I learned the meaning of thank you. I appreciate everything more. Come to find out your family is the only thing you have in this world that is worth anything. I take a closer walk with God. My buildings and home are nicer, and newer than what I had. I was so thankful my pregnant wife and children weren't hurt it was the happiest day of my life.

Bigfoot":2tk00eag said:
I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. It was very humbling, and I must have needed humbled. I learned the meaning of thank you. I appreciate everything more. Come to find out your family is the only thing you have in this world that is worth anything. I take a closer walk with God. My buildings and home are nicer, and newer than what I had. I was so thankful my pregnant wife and children weren't hurt it was the happiest day of my life.
:clap: :clap: great post.

Been gone for a while and came back surfing around. And I gotta say this is a very interesting thread.

Cal

Isomade":2bqzbt4p said:
Bigfoot":2bqzbt4p said:

Yes, it is. It reminded me of the movie "The Ultimate Gift", when he says "You haven't begun to live until you've lost everything. He!!, I've lost everything 2 or 3 times; It's a great place to start" :clap:

Prior to the storm, I had slowly started putting work ahead of my family. My priorities were out of line. I could sit in church, and not tell you what the preacher said, read my bible a little bit, told people about Jesus sometimes, and put a high value on money. Then in a split second everything got put in its proper place.

Bigfoot":1t7pd1k3 said:
A tornado. I went in a Walmart at 4:00 in the morning in sweat pants, bare feet, and a hospital gown. I bought flip flops and two sippy cups. I wanted a can of snuff bad, but my wife said only get the essentials.

You are a winner :banana: :banana: :banana: in the "people of Walmart" for that month. And I'm sorry to hear about the tornado.

Ouachita":1ck4qt1y said:
Isomade":1ck4qt1y said:
Bigfoot":1ck4qt1y said:

Yes, it is. It reminded me of the movie "The Ultimate Gift", when he says "You haven't begun to live until you've lost everything. He!!, I've lost everything 2 or 3 times; It's a great place to start" :clap:

I agree. :D

I lost a whole lot on a bad business deal to a less than honest partner a few years back. I put about 3 years of 100 hour weeks in and was just at the point of slowing down. All the circumstances were so strange and out of no where.

Other job opportunities just shut off like a faucet had been turned. Took a little while to figure out it probably wasn't as much my partner as it was me. Had a bit of an epiphany when I was standing in the middle of no where in the southern high desert of New Mexico, a long way from home, short on cash and with an attitude ready to listen. I just hope I don't have to end up wondering the wilderness again to get something through my thick skull. :bang:

Life changing experiences are really something. 13 years ago, the kids had left home, just the wife and me. Had a little trouble adjusting to the new order of things. Thought bars were the answer, then work 12 hour days, then back to the bars, weekend were spent at ballgames with friends. Business was just ok, not really anything special.
Then, I went around a curve on a gravel road, up over a dike, and a train hit me in the passenger door of my truck. I remember telling my daughter,"Remind me later that your mom came to the hospital every day." One year later I was back at work after I had been told I may not walk again.
I now am able to work 6 hours a day to make the best money I ever have, tell my wife what she means to me every day, have the best help anyone could ask for and spend my time enjoying the things I tried to throw away.
I'm confidant I would have been divorced, broke and lonely if not for almost getting killed. Whenever something bad happens, my statement is always,"It ain't as bad as getting hit in the head by a train." In realiaty, I am kinda glad it happened. gs

Latest posts