Thanks again Backhoe

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Doing our second batch of baby backs in a week using your sauce recipe, it's really out of this world. More importantly my wife loves it.

Thanks again, I've posted this twice over the years, so you guys need to earn it... Do a search or the owner can give it to you :lol: :D :D ... But it is worth the effort.

Alan

Alan":3lr63v76 said:
Doing our second batch of baby backs in a week using your sauce recipe, it's really out of this world. More importantly my wife loves it.

Thanks again, I've posted this twice over the years, so you guys need to earn it... Do a search or the owner can give it to you :lol: :D :D ... But it is worth the effort.

Alan

Alan I must have missed the original posts. But I'm reading "baby chicks" and sauce recipe??? How many baby chicks does it take to make a good meal??? ;-)

TexasBred":2g103ddq said:
Alan":2g103ddq said:

Alan

Alan I must have missed the original posts. But I'm reading "baby chicks" and sauce recipe??? How many baby chicks does it take to make a good meal??? ;-)

That's interesting, my post says "baby B-A-C-K-S", I wonder if sometimes some letters get changed in translation going through the Internet. sometimes I read things that seems like it's typed so wrong it would be hard to be a typo..... Unless your pulling my leg about the baby chicks. :D

:lol2: :lol2: It's he&& getting old. Yep I could have sworn it said baby chicks but moving much closer to the screen I see now that it IS babybacks. :lol2:

Alan is such a trouble causer!! Here, just so things are not so cryptic.
TB, just looking at this I put on 2 pounds, be careful buddy!

Backhoeboogie wrote

This one has been offered up before so I'll share it again.

The Recipe is just the sauce. DO NOT SUBSTITUTE BUTTER

Ingredients:
3 ea. 8 oz cans tomato sauce
10 oz of Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 lb butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
2 tbl spoon vinegar
2 tbl spoon lemon juice
1/8 tsp red pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp seasoned pepper

Directions:
Combine ingredients in any order in medium size pot. Use sufficient heat to melt butter and brown sugar while stirring to mix ingedients well. After things are mixed allow it to simmer for 30 minutes. The longer you let it simmer, the better. 30 minutes is about the minimum. You can add a bit more brown sugar or honey at any point if you like it a bit sweeter.

Number Of Servings:enough sauce for two large briskets.

Preparation Time:45 minutes but I simmer it for hours stirring occasionally.

TexasBred":3hhfvv3i said:
:lol2: :lol2: It's he&& getting old. Yep I could have sworn it said baby chicks but moving much closer to the screen I see now that it IS babybacks. :lol2:

D@mit, do you how long it took me to get 20 "baby chicks" ready and soaking in Backhoe's sauce? They're still going on the smoker..... How much stuffing each do you think it will take..... Or maybe I should do little tiny hot wings.... Let's see 40 tiny wings and shot glass of cold beer... :?

You're more than welcome Alan. That is a universal sauce that please just about everyone including Kiddoes.

Feel free to play with it some. If you get some better combos, lemme know.

I made some tonight. You are right it gets better the more it simmers. I have about an hour in the simmer then turned it off. Got a brisket to cook tomorrow and plan on trying your sauce. It seems very mild yet subtley spicey. Shouldn't overpower the briskett at all. It should be delicious that is of course if I don't screw up the meat.

Maybe you've already said this but do you put the sauce on the meat or do you use it as a side for the meat once its cooked. I'll do a search and see but hopefully you can answer before I pull my hair out searching.

Jogeephus":33jdumql said:
Maybe you've already said this but do you put the sauce on the meat or do you use it as a side for the meat once its cooked. I'll do a search and see but hopefully you can answer before I pull my hair out searching.

With brisket it has always been a side. If I am going to brush it on meat, I simmer it for a really long time to thicken it up.

Thanks, I figured you were a bbq purist. From what I've tasted of the sauce I think it will compliment the meat very well. Got brisket in the smoker now and its hovering around 225. I think sometime around 3-4 a.m Monday morning I'll find out if the meat itself is a boom or bust. But to keep my energy level up I'm preparing apple sausages and one more undecided. I'm thinking cajun but I'm waiting on some inspiration.

Got a brisket smoking, and I've got bhb's sauce cooked to go with it. Looking forward to an afternoon with my family. Happy Labor Day to you all, and my thanks for the recipe too!

Glad you like it too.

Now if any of ya'll make some improvements on it, I'll be expecting a pm :D