AUGH! He Did It Again

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Son decided to make dinner. Hamburgers which I don't mind, but I am getting sick of them.
Took a bite and the pepper hit me.
Not again.
asked him how much pepper he added, said not much just two turns on the pepper mill. Ok.
What else did you add?
Some Emeril seasoning.
that has peppers in it too.
Oh.

Heartburn city.

He needs to learn to make other stuff.

Measure out the seasonings for him before he prepares the food ILH . BUT better pepper than salt ;-)

Is it hot pepper or black pepper, because fresh ground pepper usually is not that overpowering ?

If it is hot pepper he has no reason to even be using it, you can add that if you like AFTER it is prepared .

You should watch him eat fries. I always ask him if he wants ketchup with his pepper. :roll:

I didn't know he was cooking until I got delivered a burger.

It's fresh ground. I just use about a 1/4 to a half turn of the pepper mill on each patty or on the steak.

I think your son and I will get on like a house on fire. I too am rather heavy handed when it comes to herbs and spices, excessive some would call it :oops:, you don't understand - it just happens :p . I do try and take others in to consideration when I prepare a meal though, perhaps he will learn this with age. I find Lemon pepper to be even better than black pepper....maybe buy him some just for a change :lol: .

My hubby is the KING of if a little bit is good ALOT is better. Problem is that if you don't like something the way he likes it you are WRONG. And telling him you don't like something goes in one ear and out the other, so the next time it happens its like the first time all over again.
This is a good opportunity for some sensitivity training-- hopefully you have better results than I have had.
My outcome has always been "I tried to do something nice for you and look what I get in return- I just won't cook for you any more"

When I know he is cooking I help him out.
He made some really awesome home made onion rings and fries the other night. He did listen then.
Making pizza is a snap. Just has to be reminded to not put a ton of cheese on his Dad's pizza.
It is just hamburgers he has trouble with.
Even when I remind him.

Our daughter helped him one night to make pizza and they got in a contest on who would make the best.
I just let them be they wanted it to be a surprise. Wish I hadn't. I couldn't place the taste on daughters pizza. Instead of sprinkling basil on the pizza she dumped ground oreagano on top. Wasn't too bad is the light spots, but the heavy areas weren't real great.

reading this post makes me glad i dont have kids.because if they cooked like yours do theyd kill my stomach.i can only eat mexican food if its not to hot.

bigbull they are doing better then either of my sisters ever did.
One is a complete fish and chicken freak, does not like beef.
The other one almost killed a former boyfriend with raw chicken and messed up jello and instant pudding.

Both my kids can do those.
Son knows how to can peaches and enjoys helping me do them.
His only trouble is not everyone can stand hot seasoning.

Besides if they don't try they don't learn.

you got that right.i can bake taters an cook steaks if i have to.an i can fry chicken.

It's just me and Mr. here, and it never used to bother me that he didn't cook. He works off the farm and never minds picking up take out when I'm busy outside all day, but lately I've been thinking how awesome it would be to have home-cooked food that I didn't have to make every now and then. I wish the thought had never entered my mind, because I'm insanely jealous now of my friends who married men that cook.

well ive got an uncle that does alot of the cooking.an he even cleans the house most all the time.

My boyfriend thoroughly enjoys cooking, there's not much that is nicer than a man in an apron :p .

Mr HD can grill like no other, he has it down to perfection and I have even broken him of cutting into meat to tell if it is done. I have taught him how to tell by touch, whether it is rare/medium well etc and he usually has it dead on now.

He also helps me make meals sometimes ,as long as I give him instructions, he likes to use the pasta machine the most. Such a little kid sometimes.. :lol:

alisonb":2gfo24fx said:
3waycross":2gfo24fx said:
Just an apron????????? :oops:

:banana: ...... :secret:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I was thinking "no apron for me!"... but in that case.....definitly need something in case of grease splatter :???: :shock: OUCH! :nod:

Latest posts