Texas Amber Alert

Help Support CattleToday:

MillIronQH

Reaction score
This just came over Weatherbug. The alert map showed the whole eastern half of Texas.Z

URGENT - 12/07/2006
AMBER ALERT

ISSUED BY TEXAS DEPT. OF PUBLIC SAFETY
Austin James McKinney

Last Location: Rosharon, Brazoria County, TX

Date of birth: July 06, 2004 Height: 2' 5"
Hair Color: Blonde Weight: 35 lbs.
Eye Color: Blue Gender: Male
Race: White

Austin James McKinney

If you have any information on this child contact:
Agency: Brazoria County Sheriffs Office 24 Hr. Phone # : (979) 864-2392
City / State Brazoria, TX
Zip Code: 78773 24 Hr. FAX # : (979) 864-2254
Email: Emergency # : 911

Suspect and/or Vehicle Information:
Suspect vehicle is a 1987 Chevrolet Camaro, Blue in color. Bearing Texas license plate number V64-GNM.

Additional Information:
The Texas Department of Public Safety has issued an Amber Alert for a 2-1/2 year old boy abducted at gunpoint from a residence in the 2200 block of County Road 584 in Rosharon in Brazoria County at 10:35 a.m. on Thursday.

This poster, created/distributed by a law enforcement agency, can also be viewed at http://www.beyondmissing.com.
Alert poster created on 12/07/2006 1:06 PM. Provided through a partnership with the Texas Governor's Office.

MillIronQH":3vsit0mf said:
They found the baby and made some arrests but apparently the gunman is still on the loose.Z

Thank God in Heaven the little guy was found.

Was it a domestic type thing...like a custody issue?

Alice

Not from what they've said so far. They said something about the father having not been able to see the youngster yet but expected to in about an hour. I'm going to call Mike Franklin and get him to go fishing. He copped over in that area for about twenty years and can probably use his current Bexar county badge to find out what's going on.Z

If this is not a parental custody thing, I hope they get the sicko before he finds another victim.

From the Houston Chronicle website. It gets wierderer and wierderer.Z

Tot returned safely after abduction by gunpoint

Associated Press

TOOLS
Email Get section feed
Print Subscribe NOW
A 2-year-old boy abducted at gunpoint from a baby sitter today and then the subject of an Amber Alert was later turned over to police by his mother, authorities said.

Austin James McKinney was unharmed, said Brazoria County Sheriff's Capt. Chris Kincheloe.

The whereabouts of the man not related to the boy and accused of taking the child in Rosharon was not immediately known, Kincheloe told the Associated Press.

Authorities were investigating how the child ended up with the mother.

Jennifer Toney, 32, from the Pearland area, apparently was contacted by a relative after the abduction and advised to give the toddler to police, Kincheloe said.

Sheriff's Lt. Russ Baker said the child's mother met two detectives at the Houston Police command station on Mykawa Road and turned the child over to them unharmed. Baker said she is cooperating with investigators as police continue to search for her boyfriend.

Chronicle reporter Eric Hanson contributed to this report.

MillIronQH":eb6zsdgs said:
From the Houston Chronicle website. It gets wierderer and wierderer.Z

Tot returned safely after abduction by gunpoint

Associated Press

TOOLS
Email Get section feed
Print Subscribe NOW
A 2-year-old boy abducted at gunpoint from a baby sitter today and then the subject of an Amber Alert was later turned over to police by his mother, authorities said.

Austin James McKinney was unharmed, said Brazoria County Sheriff's Capt. Chris Kincheloe.

The whereabouts of the man not related to the boy and accused of taking the child in Rosharon was not immediately known, Kincheloe told the Associated Press.

Authorities were investigating how the child ended up with the mother.

Jennifer Toney, 32, from the Pearland area, apparently was contacted by a relative after the abduction and advised to give the toddler to police, Kincheloe said.

Sheriff's Lt. Russ Baker said the child's mother met two detectives at the Houston Police command station on Mykawa Road and turned the child over to them unharmed. Baker said she is cooperating with investigators as police continue to search for her boyfriend.

Chronicle reporter Eric Hanson contributed to this report.

So, apparently, the child was not with the mother at the time...which makes one wonder who had custody of the child in the first place, especially when a relative of the mother told her to give the child up.

This is gonna be nasty...

Alice

Folks, this one scared the livin' ---- out of me. You may remember day before yesterday I called 911 to report two little girls riding their bicycles on a very busy two lane road near my house and then yesterday I saw the Amber alert posted all over the place around the house.

I had nightmares that those two little girls had been abducted.

Latest posts