Termites

Help Support CattleToday:

skyeagle

Reaction score
Any way to get rid of termites in the ground just poured diesel an a railroad tie post.
Getting old finding this pest even under rocks.

All the pesticides that were any good were taken off the market. Now you have to renew application every year.
I would not be telling anyone you are pouring diesel on the ground. You may end up with the EPA all over you and not ever be able to resell property unless you spend your life savings getting it back out. That always seemed odd to me because I have used diesel mixed with herbicide which was approved for application.

Boy if the EPA gets all nerved up about a little diesel on the ground.Thay should look at some of
the Trucking companies around here.Thay just used the ground to dump their oil or what ever.

skyeagle":1t9bjhf9 said:
Any way to get rid of termites in the ground just poured diesel an a railroad tie post.
Getting old finding this pest even under rocks.
Make double sure they are termites. There are some ants that "we" confuse with termites. Body segments are different if I remember right.

Edited to add link: http://www.extension.umn.edu/distributi ... k1015.html

cow pollinater":2pd2098h said:
Benificial nemetoads.

My wife buys those for the yard. Always wonder if there is anything in that bag other than the compost. :lol: Just gotta take their word for it unless you get a microscope. We do seem to have fewer fire ants than we use to have.

Have a nephew who just got busted for dumping old gasoline on the ground out of a junk car. So far it's cost him about $1000 and the case still hasn't gone to court.

That's just one more reason why I live in the country. If anyone is close enough to witness anything I do, Their Trespassing.

kerley":3r092lxt said:
That's just one more reason why I live in the country. If anyone is close enough to witness anything I do, Their Trespassing.

Kerley going to one friends house he's got about a half mile of dirt road that he has "oiled" with burned lube oil from his 18 wheelers. Pretty nice road adn took several years to get it done.

I've heard that fire ants will keep termites down: if you've been working on keeping them out, you may be helping out the termites.. Send me your address and I'll box up a few million for you.

novatech":1atz91v4 said:
All the pesticides that were any good were taken off the market. Now you have to renew application every year.
I would not be telling anyone you are pouring diesel on the ground. You may end up with the EPA all over you and not ever be able to resell property unless you spend your life savings getting it back out. That always seemed odd to me because I have used diesel mixed with herbicide which was approved for application.

I still have some of the good stuff left. The new stuff is not very good with the exception of WP Demon.

Latest posts