Tedder talk.

Help Support CattleToday:

We apply preservatives when baling alfalfa, don't know of any tedders locally.

I have talked about that a few times with Stocker Steve. It is very different how y'all make hay up there. Always interests me when we visit.

I agree a tedder wouldn't do alfalfa any favors and maybe that is why mergers are popular there but non existent here. Very little alfalfa grown in my area. They would work well on your grass hay but the types of grass up there seem to dry well without it.

All this Tedder talk got me excited so I went out and picked up this gem. G.H. Grimm Super 16. Needs a belt but other than that should work.

Attachments

• 564B55AA-C999-4CC8-B8DB-64C7D9F51814.jpeg
    564B55AA-C999-4CC8-B8DB-64C7D9F51814.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 23
Pretty kool!
Does it unfold or something?
Yep it unfolds to roughly 16 feet wide. These units were built in the 1970's in Vermont. Tedders are used almost 100% of the time around here. I do a very small amount of grass hay and have borrowed a reel type Tedder in the past, but I thought this would be handy to have.

I have always used it with Bermuda. Cut it with a conditioning mower, first,. then fluff it ( people here call them fluffers, not tedders). It will gain a day over drying vs thick bermuda that you don;t fludd.

Latest posts