Tedder Setup

Help Support CattleToday:

CCCowman

Reaction score
I have a Walton WT-8 (2) basket tedder. Should it be set-up completely horizontal or at a slight angle (10-15 degrees)?

Thanks in advance!!

I go to the field and stop, kick in the PTO with the tedder raised and slowly lower it till it's skimming the ground as M-5 mentioned then just barely backing off till I quit digging any dirt. If you have a dirty pasture, like it had a bush hog run over it the previous year and lots of brown clippings under your hay then set it and your rake just above the old clippings.

A slight angle of maybe 5 degrees is required to keep the rear of the machine from re-stirring your good clippings once they have been scattered by the front of it. The lower the output of the rear of the tines, the wider the area mixed....just do the best you can conscious of both extremes.

snoopdog said:
Just skimming, if your throwing dirt you're ruining hay, and your tedder
How true. Initially was using the '63 Ford 2000 for tedder work but it had a slow hiccup due to the lift piston leaking slightly...new Oring, old cylinder, and it would get in the dirt. Was breaking off tines from time to time. Put it on my little 2016 Branson 2400 and no more problems.

Latest posts