Technical, Computer crap...

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
Can no longer sign into my email. I hate my computer. The facebook mess yesterday must be a coincidence with the rest of the mess I still find myself this morning. Only thing I can make work is CT!! I think I'll go back to bed. :mad:

Hotmail - Microsoft Windows
windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/home Cached
Attention Hotmail customers: your email account has been upgraded from Hotmail to Outlook.com as part of a plan to improve email for all Hotmail customers. Find out ...

Hotmail switched over to Outlook a while ago. I'm surprised you're just now getting this. It only takes a few minutes to switch over and you'll be able to get logged in.

CKC1586":3bzoyb6d said:
Can no longer sign into my email. I hate my computer. The facebook mess yesterday must be a coincidence with the rest of the mess I still find myself this morning. Only thing I can make work is CT!! I think I'll go back to bed. :mad:

Attention Hotmail customers: your email account has been upgraded from Hotmail to Outlook.com as part of a plan to improve email for all Hotmail customers. Find out ...

They announced yesterday afternoon that facebook was down for millions of it's users yesterday morning do to a technical glitch . So at least that is not related to your email account problems .Good luck, hope you get it all sorted out soon . :tiphat:

hillsdown":3m5uz3jr said:
CKC1586":3m5uz3jr said:

They announced yesterday afternoon that facebook was down for millions of it's users yesterday morning do to a technical glitch . So at least that is not related to your email account problems .Good luck, hope you get it all sorted out soon . :tiphat:

Sure been a lot of "technical glitches" going around lately. Oh, I know. It's Bush's fault.

hillsdown":1fylmjvq said:

Reckon that was a scheduled "Glitch" trying to make the Obamacare "glitch" looks not so outrageous? :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":15zr0ehm said:
hillsdown":15zr0ehm said:

Reckon that was a scheduled "Glitch" trying to make the Obamacare "glitch" looks not so outrageous? :lol2: :lol2:

NSA's helping out with the healthcare.gov website problem and trying to quietly download facebook code figuring that's some good stuff and could help get folks signed up. NSA messed up (again) and uploaded code from ACA website to facebook (backassward once more) now facebook sites getting stuck on government integration sites. One day CIA will realize the answer to Iranian issues is right there in front of them and redirect all Iranian internet traffic dealing with bombs and reactors back to healthcare.gov. Funding for ACA will be through the CIA and any effort to defund "Obama Care" will be deemed treasonous.

Feel proud: you're just taking one for your country!

I cannot tell you why, but sometime I wake up in the am and have to reset all my passwords. Facebook, Twitter, CT. I shut the computer down overnite (Windows 7) so I don't think hackers are working me.

john250":1lwei3nm said:
I cannot tell you why, but sometime I wake up in the am and have to reset all my passwords. Facebook, Twitter, CT. I shut the computer down overnite (Windows 7) so I don't think hackers are working me.

Sometimes people use multiple systems, hardware or software, and have the same set of userids with different passwords on each, maybe for instance some kind of script that runs at night. The incorrect passworded id causes a lock out of the userid forcing a reset. Backups can cause difficulties or if you have networked drives that time out and require a refresh. Check any startup scripts you have. Leave the thing on overnight just once and see what happens? Check your services and see if any start with one of the problem ids for some reason. If the problem only happens on a reboot make sure you have full write permission on the registry or wherever you browser/apps are storing those passwords. Could be they get saved to cache and never get forced to disk

If it's a business system, has a policy and you're not a domain admin .. well then .... Welcome to Windows!! :)

Dega Moo":3izpjog8 said:
john250":3izpjog8 said:

Sometimes people use multiple systems, hardware or software, and have the same set of userids with different passwords on each, maybe for instance some kind of script that runs at night. The incorrect passworded id causes a lock out of the userid forcing a reset. Backups can cause difficulties or if you have networked drives that time out and require a refresh. Check any startup scripts you have. Leave the thing on overnight just once and see what happens? Check your services and see if any start with one of the problem ids for some reason. If the problem only happens on a reboot make sure you have full write permission on the registry or wherever you browser/apps are storing those passwords. Could be they get saved to cache and never get forced to disk

If it's a business system, has a policy and you're not a domain admin .. well then .... Welcome to Windows!! :)
That was so far over my head it's not even funny.

ohiosteve":10l09gdb said:
Dega Moo":10l09gdb said:
john250":10l09gdb said:

That was so far over my head it's not even funny.
:nod: :? Yup, me too. Well I am about to go try and see what I can make work. I am so thankful for good ol trusty Cattle Today... :pretty:

Ohiosteve and CKC - Sorry about that. I was responding specifically to John250's post, it was late and I just streamed out a few thoughts on some possible problem areas. My initial post in this thread was intended to be funny but the second, not so much.

One of the easiest ways to get your computer issues fixed is to have your children or grandchildren (over 5 years) take a shot at fixing it. For whatever reason they have an intuitive sense about fixing things.

CKC1586":dremyhpk said:

:nod: :? Yup, me too. Well I am about to go try and see what I can make work. I am so thankful for good ol trusty Cattle Today... :pretty:
You know how to do a restore point?

Latest posts