TB

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
I might be stuck it is nasty this morning
42 drizzling rain wind blowing.
If I run out of propane I am stuck with a long wet walk to the mule of about 3/4 mile. This rain needs to move on.

Holy crap....it's cold as a well diggers azz out here too but I'm not huntin' . Temp is only about 35 but wind blowing like a storm. Got about a 2 minute shower right at daylight this mornign but nothing sense. Propane?????? Whatever happened to sitting on a couple of boards nailed across a couple of limbs?? Gettin' soft CB.

No not as mad at them as I used to be.
Got lot better clothes as well those old JC Penny Big Mac jackets with bread sacks over your socks in a pair of holy brogans doesn't cut it any more.

Caustic Burno":2yv7okqm said:
No not as mad at them as I used to be.
Got lot better clothes as well those old JC Penny Big Mac jackets with bread sacks over your socks in a pair of holy brogans doesn't cut it any more.
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Yall cry babies come get some of this 15 -17 degree weather here and sit on a ladder stand with no heat or outside waiting for dogs.

Caustic Burno":2j7qmrj4 said:
skyhightree1":2j7qmrj4 said:
Yall cry babies come get some of this 15 -17 degree weather here and sit on a ladder stand with no heat or outside waiting for dogs.
Wisdom comes with age along with
Arthritis

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :clap: I have a shooting house with heat myself and didn't get out the truck till I heard the dogs coming my way :mrgreen:

In western Oregon we call that type of weather........November, December, January and February :hide: :lol:

skyhightree1":1c98vvpb said:
Caustic Burno":1c98vvpb said:
skyhightree1":1c98vvpb said:
Arthritis

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :clap: I have a shooting house with heat myself and didn't get out the truck till I heard the dogs coming my way :mrgreen:
Now that is a real hunter. Heated shooting house, dogs to do all the work. Surprised you dn't have the wife there to pull the trigger. Bet you give her a call when you got one needs guttin'. :hide:

TexasBred":16m0p9qo said:
skyhightree1":16m0p9qo said:
Caustic Burno":16m0p9qo said:
Arthritis

Now that is a real hunter. Heated shooting house, dogs to do all the work. Surprised you dn't have the wife there to pull the trigger. Bet you give her a call when you got one needs guttin'. :hide:

:shock: Don't judge me :lol:

Alan":2ofeupa3 said:
In western Oregon we call that type of weather........November, December, January and February :hide: :lol:

Yep, only 42 with a drizzling rain. We call that a nice day to be out taking a walk through the woods. No such thing as a heated shooting house here.

Dave":1tue9psd said:
Alan":1tue9psd said:

Yep, only 42 with a drizzling rain. We call that a nice day to be out taking a walk through the woods. No such thing as a heated shooting house here.

Hmmm. No heated stands and folks are out wandering round in the rain... kinda says it all.
;-)

callmefence":m92go84w said:
Dave":m92go84w said:
Alan":m92go84w said:

Hmmm. No heated stands and folks are out wandering round in the rain... kinda says it all.
;-)

In Texas we call that BSC in this neck of the woods.
Sitting here like a buzzard seen doe with two yearlings and pencil horn 4 point

With about half the state being public land of some sort where you can't build anything. Along with huge private tree farms that don't allow a warming fire. A heated shooting building is out of the question. Go hunting you get out and hunt. Stand of any sort are extremely rare. It is different terrain and different animals.

Here if you don't do things outside in 43 degree drizzle from mid October until late April you will just be sitting inside. That is just a fact of life. I am not that fond of sitting watching soap operas on TV. So you learn to dress accordingly and get out and do whatever it is you want to do.

callmefence":1ur7def1 said:
Y'all went quite for a few days. Worried tb went for the rescue and you both were stranded and outta propane.
It eased my mind to know you had each other for warmth.
:lol: :lol: Got me on that one fence. I'm speechless. :clap:

TexasBred":sl1kq7r1 said:
callmefence":sl1kq7r1 said:
Y'all went quite for a few days. Worried tb went for the rescue and you both were stranded and outta propane.

Got me as well that's Okay every dog has his day.
TB well just bid our time then we are going to wear him out.

Caustic Burno":108plb17 said:
TexasBred":108plb17 said:
callmefence":108plb17 said:

Just have to remember he's still a punk azz kid. :mrgreen:

TexasBred":2her7ktf said:
Caustic Burno":2her7ktf said:
TexasBred":2her7ktf said:

Just have to remember he's still a punk azz kid. :mrgreen:

I tell you what old farts , it's dam cold out there tonight

Nice young 9 Point . lots of potential

Latest posts