Tatoo Outfit

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
Anyone know where I might find a 6 digit tattoo outfit?? I have checked Stone, Jeffers and Tractor Supply and they don't have 6 digit.

CKC1586":3laj611n said:
Anyone know where I might find a 6 digit tattoo outfit?? I have checked Stone, Jeffers and Tractor Supply and they don't have 6 digit.

What kind of animal do you need a 6 digit tattoo for? I would think it would be hard to find a straight place to put 6 in a row in a cow's ear.

The most digits/characters in the ones from Valley Vet is 5. The biggest I found at Nasco was also 5.

dun

Check ebay, I check there every once in a while and I have seen some tatto outfits listed, never looked to see how many digits though.

Gosh that would get their ears pretty full of stuff. They do the brucelosis tatoo (can't spell that) in right ear.
I'm not sure who made the "rule" but that's how we do it. Both Piedmontese associations have the same recomendation.

If the assoc. is requiring 6 digit tatts, then check with them where you can get a punch to accomidate that many #'s--they should have some good information for you.

Just do like everybody else . Put the herd prefix above the number and yr. code . I bought a stone manual for my prefix, it never changes. then I bought a roller chain rotar for the cow ID since every cow is different . for example.
XXXX
213J

I doubt you will find it all on one tatoo outfit. besides it will be easier to read this way too.

Latest posts