Taps

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S

Reaction score
They had the internment service for my father-in-law yesterday at the Houston National Cemetery. He joined the Army Air Corps in 1945 at the ripe old age of 16. That was the first time I'd ever heard Taps played for real, when it meant something. If that doesn't choke you up a little (or a lot), or give you the chills, get your pulse checked.

Rafter S":1j9c7s8k said:
They had the internment service for my father-in-law yesterday at the Houston National Cemetery. He joined the Army Air Corps in 1945 at the ripe old age of 16. That was the first time I'd ever heard Taps played for real, when it meant something. If that doesn't choke you up a little (or a lot), or give you the chills, get your pulse checked.
Sorry to hear about your FIL but yes, Taps is very special. Next time you see them advertise "Silver Taps" down at Aggieland, make a special attempt to go. It will give you memories that will last a lifetime. ;-)

Rafter S":pahlpyls said:

Played it at my BILs in a misty rain three years ago, erie and beautiful at the same time.

I played trumpet in high school. My friend and fellow trumpeter died suddenly the night before our last day of school senior year. I was supposed to play taps at the cemetery a few days later, couldn't do it. a junior trumpet player stepped in for me

Latest posts