Talk a lot

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7

Reaction score
But it's been hot and humid.
Things are slow and I get bored.( it's that the right spelling for boredom)
I need to spray more brush than I do.
Weeds are taking me over but with cotton crops around me I can't use anything with 24-D.
Lots of my neighbors are solid grass and no brush or weeds.
Maybe one day I'll get there.
A REALLY pretty place a 1/2 mile south of me I trespassed on this afternoon that looks like it hadn't had a cow on it in awhile.
It just had a broke down electric fence on it.
I'm not sure but it's somewhere around a 1/2 to a section.
I'll ask my neighbor about it.
So far I'm really liking this area.
If I can overcome the itch to move

Hope you can see this.
For a west Texas desert guy that enjoys solitude it perfect.

Looks peaceful. What kind of price per acre can land like that be bought for? I apologise if that's a rude question, I'm just wondering. Around me good fertile farm ground sometimes goes for over 10k/acre. I'm honestly considering cashing out when my daughter graduates and relocating.

I just realized that any Texans on here who just read my post are probably thinking just what we need another dumb Yankee moving to Texas. Don't worry it's very unlikely, but that does look like beautiful country.

ohiosteve":40fdm918 said:
Looks peaceful. What kind of price per acre can land like that be bought for? I apologise if that's a rude question, I'm just wondering. Around me good fertile farm ground sometimes goes for over 10k/acre. I'm honestly considering cashing out when my daughter graduates and relocating.

I was a bit ignorant about prices here when I moved here.
I shopped lands of Oklahoma and most was around 1500 an acre.
I thought I found a bargain and jumped on it.
I've since learned it's common for land to be sold at auction and depending on whether it's pasture or crop land and production it varies.
Hunters haven't driven up the price here, but a good cow place with no crop acres is around 1100-1200 an acre.
It'll run a cow on average years at a cow to 10 acres .

Edit
It cost around 10-12k to buy enough land for one cow here. It gets better east of here but the population gets more dense also

ohiosteve":80yyfpcn said:
I just realized that any Texans on here who just read my post are probably thinking just what we need another dumb Yankee moving to Texas. Don't worry it's very unlikely, but that does look like beautiful country.

You'd be welcome Steve, you're good people as they say.

Latest posts