Takes a long time to wake up

Help Support CattleToday:

I get up the second the alarm goes off. I love that first cup in the morning.

BF we might tie for a gold. I go to sleep the minute my head hits the pillow, most of the time ;-)

herofan":3e5900by said:
On the other hand, some people act like sleeping is a burden; it's just something they are forced to fit in their schedule to stay healthy, but they get no pleasure from it.
Sleep is a luxury. For anyone that thinks it isnt, go commercial fishing. I've seen the sun rise 3 times on many occasions without laying my head on a pillow. Once made a 28 day trip and never slept over 3 hours per day the whole trip. Many of those days I had no sleep. NO drugs were involved either. Although I knew some fisherman that did. Just caffeine, Hersheys bars and DRIVE for me. Thats just what you do. I was young then. I dont think I could do that now.

I can't sleep, I get 5-6 hours a night. No matter what I am usually up by 6:30-7:00am. After I passed 40 I can actually take a nap mid day. Never could before.

herofan":25njpymp said:
It's great waking an hour before I get up and getting to lie there and possibly take a few cat naps.

I even enjoy waking up around 3 and realizing, yeeeeeees, it's not time to get up yet; I have two more hours.

Same here!

No reason or rhyme for me. I got up at 4 today was on the road at 415. But if I get a chance to sleep till 830 I will, and enjoy every minute of it. Some days I drink coffee, but most days not. My big problem is getting to bed early, I usually start projects too late in the evening.

ohiosteve":a3fc86km said:
No reason or rhyme for me. I got up at 4 today was on the road at 415. But if I get a chance to sleep till 830 I will, and enjoy every minute of it. Some days I drink coffee, but most days not.

I can relate. I can get up if I have to and be out the door in a few minutes or sleep late. I drink coffee, but I can take it or leave it. I've never noticed it having any affect on me. I think it just a habit that I enjoy a lot more in the winter; I don't drink much coffee in the summer.

I had a woman who smokes explain to me that she has to go through a "coming to life" process in the morning when she gets out of bed which usually consists of sitting, smoking, and drinking coffee for several minutes in the morning before doing anything else. She says she has to do this or she feels terrible the entire day.

The old saying... You need to go to bed earlier is a fact. For me to function good and have no problems getting up I need a solid 8-10hrs of steep. So if I need to be up at 5am I need to be sleeping by 9... which means getting in bed 8-830.

6-7am is easy for me to do and I don't need and alarm. Before that I need to prep.

I do know guys that put heat pads under their blankets on timers. They pretty much have to burn themselves out of bed.

I go to sleep wake up can't go back to sleep right away usually get on here for a bit go back to sleep and sleep till time to get up. I wake up in the morning but I am not there. Sometimes I just sit and stare at the wall. I love an afternoon nap but bites me in the butt at night.

I got in a bad habit last winter.
I'd wake up around 5 but didn't need to leave to work till 6:30
It would be cold and dark out so I'd draw a hot bath and soak drinking coffee and checking all the internet sites.
Till it was time for work

Not me. I'm up now for no reason. I think it comes from working rotating schedules of days and nights. If I wake at 3 or 4 I'm up for the day. I found out once when I was rig manager that I can live on 4 hours sleep about every 40 hours. And like zirlott I don't need drugs to do it or even caffeine. In fact caffeine has no effect on me I can tell. I could drink 2 cups coffee and go straight to sleep. When I wake I'm ready to get up. I usually awake before the alarm if I've had 6 hours sleep.

Never could sleep for more than 5 - 6 hours at best. A nap would be nice but I just can't make myself sleep when it's light outside, and know it would become habit forming. Back in my fishing days, it was coffee, snickers bars, jelly beans, and mountain dew. If an alarm goes off my feet still hit the floor, that's from dozing off and hearing the radar alarm go off while your supposed to be on wheel watch.

Latest posts