Take a look ( advice wanted ) UPDATED PIC

Help Support CattleToday:

BobbyLummus

Reaction score
Loss of hair above heifers eye .. Is this a issue to be concerned ?
1182.jpg

I'm on a phone, and can't see it as good as I would like. Put some copper tox on it, and see what happens.

looks like ringworm. Treat it, it will eventually go away. Don't treat it, it will eventually go away.

artesianspringsfarm":1c5aka2h said:
fitz":1c5aka2h said:
Fire Sweep Ranch":1c5aka2h said:
looks like ringworm. Treat it, it will eventually go away. Don't treat it, it will eventually go away.

+1
+2
=
+3 Ringworm! Anti-fungal cream or dilute betadine. But it will just get in the eye. If it's my show cattle, I bath them in anti-fungal shampoo to keep them from picking it up before or at a fair. It will go away on it's own. Seems like my yearlings go through a faze of ringworm and/or warts. Then they are done. Very common, nothing to worry about.

Just a fyi, humans can get ringworm from cattle too, so you might want to remember this if treating it with bare hands.
Jenna

cowgirl_jenna":251by4s1 said:
Just a fyi, humans can get ringworm from cattle too, so you might want to remember this if treating it with bare hands.
Jenna
This is true....But I will add, I have treated lots of bad case's and have never got it. Probably because of the anti-fungal tx. already on my hand. :D

branguscowgirl":2xoe2kga said:
cowgirl_jenna":2xoe2kga said:
Jenna
This is true....But I will add, I have treated lots of bad case's and have never got it. Probably because of the anti-fungal tx. already on my hand. :D

You'll only get it once.
Same with the cattle, once they've recovered they won't get it again.

regolith":1hicsccp said:
branguscowgirl":1hicsccp said:
cowgirl_jenna":1hicsccp said:
Jenna

You'll only get it once.
I have had them get it more than once..... :(

branguscowgirl":19gm38x0 said:
You'll only get it once.
I have had them get it more than once..... :([/quote]

Really? I have always been told they can only get it once, and have never had it repeat on an animal, but we seem to get it every year on the weanlings for that year! And it always seems to be right before show season!!!

Fire Sweep Ranch":1z6h8mai said:
branguscowgirl":1z6h8mai said:
You'll only get it once.
I have had them get it more than once..... :(

Really? I have always been told they can only get it once, and have never had it repeat on an animal, but we seem to get it every year on the weanlings for that year! And it always seems to be right before show season!!![/quote]
Ya, I have heard that also, not true. My best cow got sifted from the State Fair one year for some that was already healed and the hair was almost all back. It was about her 3rd year of getting it. :frowns:

Latest posts