t-posts and barbed wire?

Help Support CattleToday:

gimpyrancher

Reaction score
I'm need 825 - 7' t-posts and 20+ rolls (1320') of 4 pt barbed wire. Anyone know of a source with reasonable prices? I'm on the left coast. Thank you in advance. :tiphat:

Go to your area Farm & Ranch Store (not one of those Big Box Chain Stores) and ask for a discount. At our area store, there are 400 T-Posts to a pallet and 42 rolls of barb wire to a pallet. If you asket for "pallet prices" where the guys don't have to hand load all the stuff, you may be able to get a 5 or 10% discount. Just make sure your wire and posts are QUALITY and not some of those junk brands. T-Posts should have a 1.33 rating (1.33 lbs per lineal foot of post). Just make sure your trailer or truck can safely carry the weight of 2 or 3 pallets of stuff; otherwise, make more than one trip.

Just to further what Running A Bill said, I was an Operations manager for a building materials company in 2008, and we sold T posts. For people that would get a pallet of them (I think a pallet was 200), we'd give a 10% discount just so I wouldn't have to get my people to manually handle them - which costs the company more.

I'm trying to check with Oregon supply stores. But they appear to be so high on their prices even with a 10% discount. We're talking hundreds of dollars difference. Disappointed that chinese t-posts are becoming the standard.

Is there a significant difference in strength between the 1.25 and 1.33 rated posts?

gimpyrancher":xr1gbchw said:
I'm trying to check with Oregon supply stores. But they appear to be so high on their prices even with a 10% discount. We're talking hundreds of dollars difference. Disappointed that chinese t-posts are becoming the standard.

Is there a significant difference in strength between the 1.25 and 1.33 rated posts?

Yes...more steel. Our fence guys won't use anything else except the 1.33 posts, and the best USA made barb wire. Fewer repairs, lower maintenance.

Latest posts