Synchronization Syringe

Help Support CattleToday:

I use single dose for those so i know its deep in the muscle, and i inject slow, i have used repeaters semed i had more leak back out of the site so i quit using them.

I use disposable syringes, and make sure I throw them away when I'm done! If you use a repeater I would recommend using it ONLY for these drugs. I am always afraid that gonna accidentally reuse my lute needle when I vaccinate and abort an AI calf for no reason. If you throw them away then there's no chance of that happening.

I know some will poo-poo this, but the only time I would even remotely consider using a repeater syringe is for a group of steers or feeder heifers.
My cows/heifers are too 'valuable' to me to use one - or even re-use needles from animal to animal, anymore.

With BLV and anaplasmosis so widespread out there - and I know the BLV+ status in my herd was approaching 90% at one time - no female animal that is in production or is up for consideration as a replacement ever gets stuck with a needle that's been in another animal, and there's no in-and-out of vaccine/med bottles with a needle that's been in an animal.

Disposable needles/syringes are cheap. If you're going to the trouble of synching and AIing, go ahead and spend the extra 25 or 30 cents; or if you're really cheap (like me) you can use a separate syringe for each of the two drugs and just change needles between animals.

use seperate syringes , and a 19 gauge 1.5" needle to prevent leekage , this is recommended from my embryologist , he insisted on it , you must have leakage ,especially on the 2cc doses , it is too critical

Latest posts