Swollen Testicles

Help Support CattleToday:

Stockton

Reaction score
I have a Brangus bull standing to himself. When i went to take a look at him he acted as if he didn't feel good and his testicles were swollen 2 or 3 times as big as usual. Any one know what might be wrong? I gave him a shot of LA-200 yesterday and if he's not better this afternoon i will probably take him to the vet.

We once had a bull who got his cords twisted up runnning around with cows. His balls swelled up like that. Just a possibility??

Out on a limb here but could it be that this bull is just a

:oops:

SHOW OFF? :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Barb wire or jiggers that he could have cut them on? Any chance he could have been stepped on or kicked just right?

Locust trees, multifloria rose bushes horse nettles. UMMM... anything that can snag your britches when walking thru them.

Maybe prickly pear in your area is a jigger. ;-)

It doesn't make much difference what happened. Reproductive organs are very sensitive. You need a different bull for awhile if you are depending on him to service cows. Swelling and inflamation indicates trauma which could also indicate fever . Fever in testicles is damaging to the semen . He could be infertile for a short period at best.

Call the vet. We had one like that turned out to be snake bit.The vet had to remove one of them. He did get all right. Tested him later with the stain test was very hot. If you see turtles suning snakes are crawling.
oklcowgril

snakes ARE crawling. i had three up in the peanut wagons with me week befoer last. one oak snake, one spreading adder and one rattlesnake.

I say test him. No matter what the case. if he no good, he is no good. Sell him.

Scotty

Beefy":1537tcg4 said:
snakes ARE crawling. i had three up in the peanut wagons with me week befoer last. one oak snake, one spreading adder and one rattlesnake.
Oak snake?

semen demon":22lcjyqz said:
We once had a bull who got his cords twisted up runnning around with cows. His balls swelled up like that. Just a possibility??

I got my nut cords twisted three times about 20 years ago when I was wurkin on an oil rig. No b-s! Quite painful, the nurse that road with me in the ambulance had me doing breathing exercises on the way to the hospital. She said it would probably be the most painful thing next to having a baby.
I just went waa waa and took another deep breath.

Latest posts