Surprise Surprise

Help Support CattleToday:

Texasmark

Reaction score
Fixin to go to bed last night and my sweetie was headed out the front door rather than to bed. Asked her what's up. She said a storm is on the way.........what I said? Weather for the next 10 days is hot and dry.

So I check out Intellicast and sure-nuf here comes this Maverick cell due South from Ok. with yellow and some red. Got up this morning and 2" out of nowhere. Whadda deal. Bermuda patch will make a second cutting with this help.

Reminds me of 1979 when I built my house. I chose August because it's "supposed to be" hot and dry. Wanted to get it weathered in before it got wet......it rained on me 3 times before I got it closed up.

Texasmark":2k039thj said:
Fixin to go to bed last night and my sweetie was headed out the front door rather than to bed. Asked her what's up. She said a storm is on the way.........what I said? Weather for the next 10 days is hot and dry.

So I check out Intellicast and sure-nuf here comes this Maverick cell due South from Ok. with yellow and some red. Got up this morning and 2" out of nowhere. Whadda deal. Bermuda patch will make a second cutting with this help.

Reminds me of 1979 when I built my house. I chose August because it's "supposed to be" hot and dry. Wanted to get it weathered in before it got wet......it rained on me 3 times before I got it closed up.

That's good.
If you have issues with rain this rainforest over in east Texas would be challenging.
Think the longest stretch without rain this spring and summer was four days.
Raining now seems like there is no in between here drown or drought.

Texasmark":ky4sqz21 said:

Seemed to be a lot of that going on yesterday. Thundered here most of the day but not a drop of rain but could see it raining not too many miles away. Congrats on the good rain.