Surprise! Renovator gets results.

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":34ntu9o1 said:
Hay King is probably marking everything up right now after reading this. :D

Bought mine used from an older gentleman who was selling off his cows and equipment. I was in the market for a renovator - not a particular brand - at a good price ( read: cheap) so I doubt I'll be getting an invitation for the party. ;-)

Ours is a six shank model that's probably 8' wide ( ? ) but they come in a variety of widths. Here the link to their website:

http://www.hayking.com/

alabama":iu7mcxo3 said:
How wide is that thing and what does it cost?
I want one and I want it now.

Mine is a 6-shank and it covers about 8 feet in a pass. I paid about $1800 for it. Allow 12 to 15 hp per shank.

gabby":1vb04o4g said:
alabama":1vb04o4g said:
How wide is that thing and what does it cost?
I want one and I want it now.

Mine is a 6-shank and it covers about 8 feet in a pass. I paid about $1800 for it. Allow 12 to 15 hp per shank.

I got mine at Boehm Tractor in Shiner, TX, and I got it a little cheaper than that... maybe $1100?? I got an 'Armadillo 6' six shank green and black one, probably made by a shortline mfg. but it works well. It also has a seed box on it turned by a chain running to one of the rippled coulter blades equipped with a sprocket. The little seed tubes are kinda chinky, made out of plastic coupler glued to a plastic plate with a piece of 1 inch sprayer hose coming down behind the shank, but I think just getting rid of the 'seed hoses' and letting the seed flitter down to the ground would be just about as good... OL JR :)

Latest posts