Super Pig

Help Support CattleToday:

Brandonm2

Reaction score
http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?id ... =0&lang=en

"MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig. An 11-year-old boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed a staggering 1,051 pounds and measured 9 feet 4, from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in south Georgia in 2004."

NINE FOOT FOUR in length????
Somebody at the hunting club is putting too much feed in the feeders!!

Well, I have raised hogs, I have raised cattle, I have raised chickens, turkeys, Chinchilla's, dogs, and cats. I'll take Cattle!

We had a Duroc Boar one time when I was a kid that weighed over 700 lbs and his back was as high as a Sofa in our living room. He had "tushes", as they used to call his tusks, that were 4" long, and we would get him in a corner of his pen with a wire loop through a piece of pipe, and knock those tusks off with a chisel and a small sledge hammer! He would cut up Sows with those things. He was a mean sucker! Too much Testosterone! That's what Ruthie says is wrong with me - but I don't cut up Sows! Or gilts either, for that matter! . . . .and I am not mean!

DOC HARRIS

2_61_052507_MonsterPig1.jpg

Keep in mind, thats not a small kid either, at 11 years old and 5'5.

That is a monster hog. Kid has a good shot too. Used a modified .50 cal pistol, and it took about 9 hits to take the thing down.

Its a hog and maybe it really was that big, but anybody that knows their stuff knows its not a real "wild" hog. A true feral hog boar will rarely reach 400 lbs. in his lifetime. These hunting ranch bozos do it all the time, go around looking for the biggest hogs to buy from farmers and such and then turn em' loose and call em' wild. Feral hogs have their own species name and that hog the kid killed is definitely not Sus Scrofa.

Cow_Town":1knz237u said:
Its a hog and maybe it really was that big, but anybody that knows their stuff knows its not a real "wild" hog. A true feral hog boar will rarely reach 400 lbs. in his lifetime. These hunting ranch bozos do it all the time, go around looking for the biggest hogs to buy from farmers and such and then turn em' loose and call em' wild. Feral hogs have their own species name and that hog the kid killed is definitely not Sus Scrofa.

All hogs in the states are the same species and all descend from once domesticated hogs, whether he escaped from DeSoto 450 years ago or from a Smithfield farm yesterday. Many hunting clubs around here have used imported Russian Wild Boar genetics to increase the size and the hunting experience of the hog herds on their property. I visited with a guy in Marengo County once who was breeding "wild boars" for eventual release, even though that was illegal in Alabama at the time. This boar is probably the result of a conscious effort to breed up the hog herd......and I bet a good bit of corn, soybeans, and other supplements by the hunting club. I just hoped that he himself was not reared in somebody's hog house.

I will post some pics of some hogs my father and I have killed. His weighted over 1200 lbs but was not that long. It is mounted in his house and I have lots of pics and videoo. It had to be mounted on a cape buffalo form and the hof measured over 71 inches of circumfrence at the base of his neck. I killed 2 the same trip. One was over 700 lbs and the other was over 800lbs. My father is hunting in Africa right now and when he gets back I will get some of the pics and put up. We have over 550 mounted animals in our house and don't hunt fot the publicity. but this hog is getting so much attention I thougt it would be neat to show a pig bigger than that.

the monsterpig.com pictures are obviously photoshoped. I think that it could be possible for a pig that size, but even considering camera angle and position, the pig looks photoshoped. I could do a better job at staging that act! Just look at the lighting. The color of the pig vs background/people is way off. And in comparison of the already posted picture and the picture of the boy and family with the camera facing the pigs head, the pig apears to be bigger in the boy only picture. Also notice that the color of the hanging pig and the color of the lying facing the camera pig are the exact same, even thought they were taken during different times of the day. Also, the boy only with pig, and boy and family with pig appear to be taken at around the same time, but the color of the pig is VERY different. Well, I just mighta over-analyzed that, and some will probably argue that they are real pictures, but that is my finding, and Im sticking to it.

It's not a hoax. The hog was killed a few miles from where I live. I know the guide, Keith O'Neal and the owner, Eddie Borden, of the place where the hog was killed. I go to church with Keith's parents and was in a hunting club 5 or 6 years ago with Eddie. The hog is being mounted by Jerry Cunningham who has done all of out mounts for the last 11 years or so.

What you haven't heard on the news is that the place where the hog was taken is in a fenced in area. I have not seen the hunting area my self but I understand that the area has about 2 miles of fencing. Also, I have heard 2nd handed that the hog was raised or trapped on a farm about 20 miles from where it was taken.

Cow_Town":ex7qqkzd said:
I told you it wasnt a "wild" hog. :roll:

I like to give everybody the benefit of the doubt; but even I had to admit from the start that it WAS a grain fattened pig. As evidenced by my initial comment....

"Somebody at the hunting club is putting too much feed in the feeders!!"

TxCoUnTrYbOy":c46b1cs2 said:
2_61_052507_MonsterPig1.jpg

Keep in mind, thats not a small kid either, at 11 years old and 5'5.

That is a monster hog. Kid has a good shot too. Used a modified .50 cal pistol, and it took about 9 hits to take the thing down.

So some dumb ass fattened up a hog and then let a kid that can not shoot worth a dam gut shoot the thing to death!! WoW what a great piece of ammunition for the peta folks. :roll:

Latest posts