Sunshine and warmer temps

Help Support CattleToday:

Texas Gal

Reaction score
Finally dried out and warmed up yesterday afternoon! It was so nice after a week that included 6+inches of rain,an ice storm and off/on power outages. The cows and calves were all bagging rays yesterday afternoon. The bull was standing in the sunshine with his face tipped up and eyes closed just soaking in the sun like he was at the beach.

You're welcome. We don't usually get that much ice; there was almost an inch of ice. Lots of trees and limbs down . No telling what we'll find when we start checking fences. Thankfllly no calves were born during that mess.

Farm Fence Solutions":29sabbvg said:
The sun is trying to burn through, but it's going to be a minute before it dries out......

Same thing here. Checked the 6" rain gauge Thursday and it was overflowing. Creeks are out and some of the county roads are still closed, which tacks on 12 extra miles when I'm checking cows.

Farm Fence Solutions":280oeaer said:
The sun is trying to burn through, but it's going to be a minute before it dries out......

Maybe a couple of minutes??????
We are getting the rain now. Started last night about 7 with a couple of downpours. Had been just cloudy for a few days with some sprinkles, we had actually had a little drying in the fields. Boy, we got soaked last night and this morning has been raining pretty steady. Don't think we will get the 6 inches like many and I am glad. Mud is 2-3 Feet deep going through some of the gateways with the 4wd tractor to feed, and over a foot in the lots where the water just isn't draining off. We needed the moisture after being so dry last fall.....but not all at once on top of record cold.

Could we please put in a request for a little of this in say July or August???? Pretty please.....

We have been dry for two years, and this will do a lot to help us stay productive this summer. The timing is not the best, since the rain started as the freeze was leaving the ground. Last week, my truck fell through the asphalt driveway of our current customer. I'm hopeful that they won't ask me to pay for it, since the fence is an "emergency".

As I posted on another board last night..........
Pouring here and wind has again turned out of the north. This stuff is all coming out of extreme SE Texas and maybe a bit from Northern Mexico....my regional radar shows it to be a continuous train from the Rio Grande to the upper Sabine, but the bigger picture shows we're sending it all the way up to New England.
Greetings from Texas. Don't say we never gave ya nothin.
It's just moisture folks..a bit of water. Now if, in your infinite wisdom, you choose to turn it into snow, sleet, and ice, don't blame us. It was just liq sunshine when it left here.....some of ya'll sounding 'less than grateful' regarding the generosity and natural sharing nature we Texans are exhibiting.

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap? ... mm=0&hur=0

That storm sat some tornados down around here last night.

I'm so sick of mud, I just want a vacation.

Latest posts