Sunny Valley

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
I see Sunny Valley is having a sale on RFDTV at noon today (8/19/06). It's too hot to much else.

Did anyone watch the horse sale there yesterday? I saw parts of it and the prices didn't seem all that good, but then I didn't know much about the breeding either. Some beautiful animals, though.

Those had to be some of the fattest cows I ever saw, other than in a feedlot :shock: I think some would have graded prime, but I am not sure about the yield. Any cows I ever had that were that fleshy were hard to get bred in the hotter months!

Yes sir, those were some framy well filled out brood cows. I saw one go for $50K. I wonder if Hill Creek got her as one of his donor group?

Frankie

How did the sale go? Was watching my granddaughter show her bucket calf. Wanted to go but kids are more important.

mwj":q13um36t said:
Those had to be some of the fattest cows I ever saw, other than in a feedlot :shock: I think some would have graded prime, but I am not sure about the yield. Any cows I ever had that were that fleshy were hard to get bred in the hotter months!

I think it's safe to say they haven't missed many meals in their life. :lol:

Angus Guy":185sdwx6 said:
Frankie

How did the sale go? Was watching my granddaughter show her bucket calf. Wanted to go but kids are more important.

I didn't watch the entire sale, but it looked very good to me. The high seller that I saw was $50,000. The last cow sold for about $1900, but most were considerably higher than that. I didn't hear any big buyers that I'm familiar with here in OK, Express, R3 or Limestone.

A lot of cattle sold over the phone. They would give the Superior buyer #, but no name. That seemed kind of odd to me.

Latest posts