Sunny, summer pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

creekdrive

Reaction score
Well it's been awhile since I logged into this site, although I still come and lurk most every day. Calving season went well for us despite some terrible weather. Cows and calves are all out to pasture, bulls have been turned out, and we've even been getting some rain so things are looking pretty good at the moment. Haying will start in a couple weeks hopefully and then everything will be busy busy again.

Took these pictures over the last couple weeks and just thought I'd share.

IMG_2327sm_zpsa10cf585.jpg

IMG_2095sm_zps577ec3ab.jpg

Finally got the heifers out to their pasture (we were waiting for a gas line to go through)

IMG_2099sm_zpsbfc43608.jpg

IMG_2102sm_zps6e8798ce.jpg

These were taken a couple hours after we dropped them off, and they were none to interested in sticking around to see us. Most of them are purebred red angus, but there's a few commercial reds & blacks in the group as well.

IMG_2370sm_zps285fd0a4.jpg

My favorite pet cow "PITA" (stands for Pain In The A**) calved a few weeks ago. As a heifer she weaned a calf over 600 lbs and didn't weigh over 1000 lbs herself. Last year she had an abortion (well I don't know if that's what you'd call it but the calf was not delevoped properly anyway). I took a chance and kept her, they don't usually get a second chance around here but she is definitely a pet to me and more than just a cow. She's nothing special to look at, just a short, fat cow with an ugly face and frozen off ears.

IMG_2392sm_zpsb34e5e49.jpg

Her heifer calf 3 weeks old. Gelbvieh sired

IMG_2356sm_zpsa2dc0941.jpg

IMG_2380sm_zps280a8b44.jpg

This girl thinks the mineral feeder makes a good scratching post as well!

I guess that's all for today, thanks for letting me share!

Beautiful cows and pictures. Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed looking at them. Precious little red calf.

Latest posts