Sunflower planting

Help Support CattleToday:

I have decided to drill it in. It is for the birds and my wife and around here when mom is happy everybodys happy. I just hope the deer will let it grow. I love to Dove hunt and my wife thinks the flower is beautiful so you get the best of both worlds. Thanks for the help everybody!!!

bobby22":1yr7t9lb said:
I have decided to drill it in. It is for the birds and my wife and around here when mom is happy everybodys happy. I just hope the deer will let it grow. I love to Dove hunt and my wife thinks the flower is beautiful so you get the best of both worlds. Thanks for the help everybody!!!

To ease some minds, which variety are you going to plant.

Something like this

View attachment 1

or something like this

Those are weeds. The big ones like the seeds you eat. Don't know what it is called but will find out.

1982vett":12g8gy12 said:
bobby22":12g8gy12 said:
Those are weeds. The big ones like the seeds you eat. Don't know what it is called but will find out.

See, you do understand.
Do you understand what I am planting. They are not wild flowers.

Vet..I think what you have are the wild sunflowers that a lot of folks in Texas have. I believe these folks were talking of "real" sunflowers. The kind you plant in a row and harvest if you want. Extremely nutritious for wildlife but personally I wouldn't plant them in a hay meadow either. A small plot somewhere else on the place might make for some good hunting tho.

TexasBred":s9kr80r7 said:
Vet..I think what you have are the wild sunflowers that a lot of folks in Texas have. I believe these folks were talking of "real" sunflowers. The kind you plant in a row and harvest if you want. Extremely nutritious for wildlife but personally I wouldn't plant them in a hay meadow either. A small plot somewhere else on the place might make for some good hunting tho.
Exactly what my plans are. Thanks TexasBred.

Latest posts