Sudden Death

Help Support CattleToday:

I agree with him completly, you could almost decide the winner from a coin toss. Football (sports) have some rules that just make no sense, not to hijack this thread, but here's another one I saw this season. Oregon vs Cal, before the Ducks lost Dixon and fell apart, they were undefeated at the time. Under a minute to go, down by 7, first and goal for the Ducks at about the 5 yard line. Swing pass to the split end, he dives for the endzone at the corner marker, gets hit hard, fumble..... The ball bounces at about the inch line right in the corner on the feild, goes over the marker, which is in the endzone and continues to go out of bounds without another bounce.... Touch back, Cals ball on the 20, game over.

You can fumble a ball into the endzone, but not in and out of the endzone. You can fumble a ball out of bounds and it remains whoevers had last control of the ball..... that one hurt.

I was also listening to a Duck basketball game the other night, they were playing a early season game with a smaller school. The game started out with "T" shots, because the other team did not turn their line up to the scorers table in time.... two shots and then a jump ball.... We'll call that a spanking from or great Pac 10 refs :roll:

Alan

I prefer the NFL rule. If you lose the coin flip, you get to play defense. Many teams play better defense than offense, and actually score with their defense. Da Bears come to mind.
College overtime is two exhausted fighters trading punches.

john250":1d6r29bx said:
I prefer the NFL rule. If you lose the coin flip, you get to play defense. Many teams play better defense than offense, and actually score with their defense. Da Bears come to mind.
College overtime is two exhausted fighters trading punches.

I agree...

A whole team of defenders couldn't stop one runner and now they are crying about it. Just as easy could have gone the other way like john250 said.

I don't know if anyone is crying, but I really don't pay too much attention to pro's.... I think the point is, shouldn't both teams get the chance to play defense as well as offense in overtime? They do in baseball and basketball and soccer and ect.

BTW, my wife and I just flew into Atlanta tonight, bunch of Tennesse and LSU colors running around the airport...... I'm out of Duck country :shock:

Alan

Latest posts