Stroke Warning Again

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Our family friend is ok and being released from the hospital today.

He and his wife were driving down the road, he was in the drivers seat. They were talking when he suddenly started staring straight ahead and quit talking! His wife knew something was wrong. Was able to get him to apply the brake and stop. She got him in the passenger seat and took off for the local ER. He was Mercy Flighted to a larger hospital. Because of her quick actions and those at both hospitals the Doctors report is no lasting damage.
It was a blood clot. He says he cannot remember 45 minutes of that day. He is 53.

A few weeks back my MIL developed a severe (couple of hours) nose bleed. ER doc said it more than likely prevented a stroke. Glad your friend is okay.

We are so glad it happened while she was with him and he was not alone in one of their grain trucks! That would have been a complete disaster!

the bad thing is strokes can happen to any1 of any age.not just the older people.glad she was with him to get him to stop so she could get him to the hospital.

My husband called me at work one morning. Said a white pick up truck couldn't turn left into constuction site. I figured out where he was, not far from home, and talked him home which was thankfully only right hand turns. I couldn't get him to stop anywhere. I flew home and got him to the hospital. He lost bottom site in left eye is all. Been on blood pressure meds now for 14 years. We were lucky.

Latest posts