Stringing out the cows

Help Support CattleToday:

I love seeing cattle stung out. It's getting to be a lost art.
How far did they string out?
Looks like your dog is a good partner.

Thanks for sharing.
They only strung out about a mile, I didn't have far enough to go to get it done proper.
The dog is working out well. He's a mutt my daughter brought home against my (better?) judgement. We had just put our last dog down and were going to be pet free. However, it seems as though the dog and I have formed a bond, I use him every day, and I enjoy him. I have a suspicion that when my daughter graduates next spring the dog will be left behind and that will be okay with me.

They only strung out about a mile, I didn't have far enough to go to get it done proper.
The dog is working out well. He's a mutt my daughter brought home against my (better?) judgement. We had just put our last dog down and were going to be pet free. However, it seems as though the dog and I have formed a bond, I use him every day, and I enjoy him. I have a suspicion that when my daughter graduates next spring the dog will be left behind and that will be okay with me.
A mile is good!
What kind of dog is she? Photo, please?
We always used dogs and wonder how people get along without a good dog.

We have always used them too. Nowadays I use the horse less and the dog more. He just happens to be with me all the time, my horse doesn't lol. Like you, I don't know how folks manage without a dog.

He thinks he's a person and tries hard to sit like one. He takes his job of assistant foreman very seriously.
He is half Australian Shepherd, 1/4 Kelpie, and 1/4 blue Heeler.
8727F34B-DC2B-4264-87EA-EE92D9146582.jpeg

84020224-A88D-46EC-828E-4BDFDB774EA2.jpeg

Good to hear there is a bit of Kelpie there. That will stand him in good stead with the cattle. I have 2 kelpies plus a BC. I didn't plan 3 dogs but that is how it worked out. I do have to put their hearing aids on them for a refresher course occaisionally.

Ken