stretching panels

Help Support CattleToday:

fenceman

Reaction score
Not many people think of stretching cattle panels when they weld em up. If you'll give em a little pull you'll see the difference. As usual photobucket cut the right side off but you can see the comealong and stretch bar
If

If you size the picture to 764 pixels in width it will fit.

highgrit":35vk32ev said:
That's a good idea, but I've always called that stuff goat panel.

The panel in the photo is actually horse panel. Horses tend to paw at a fence the 2x4 squares dont allow their feet thorough.
4X4 squares are sheep or goat panels
The larger 6x6 or 8x8 squares are cattle panels
The short ones 32 inches are hog panels.now you know.. ;-) :cboy:

nice tip never thought about that never welded one always put on wood posts but great idea. That's why they call you fenceman

Explain the process your using there. Do you go ahead, and weld one end, and then pull? Do yo pull from both ends, then weld from the middle out?

Bigfoot":3aqljj3s said:
Explain the process your using there. Do you go ahead, and weld one end, and then pull? Do yo pull from both ends, then weld from the middle out?
Weld one end then pull. Then finish welding.

We added a lot onto our corrals to hold weanlings just like this. They broke through it like it was nothing. Going to add a middle bar and hope that will contain them.

For working pens, I always recommended 5 rails with no panels. Panels make it really hard to climb out in a pinch. The customer with the check book makes the final decision though.
The fence pictured is a yard fence for folks with horses. Built to keep the dog in , but not get torn down by the horses.
The intent of my post was to show, what I've found to be the best way to install panels tightly and neat.

fenceman":2wsr4rl5 said:
For working pens, I always recommended 5 rails with no panels. Panels make it really hard to climb out in a pinch. The customer with the check book makes the final decision though.
The fence pictured is a yard fence for folks with horses. Built to keep the dog in , but not get torn down by the horses.
The intent of my post was to show, what I've found to be the best way to install panels tightly and neat.

What kind of rods are you burning Fenceman? I enjoy your pictures and know how, top notch and no ......rigging.

Latest posts