bull wire panels

Help Support CattleToday:

runningr

Reaction score
Anybody used 1ga bull wire panels welded to a steel frame for catch pens/sorting will they hold up well? I'm thinking of welding them to 1 1/2 11ga square tubing with brace bar in middle and cross members every 4ft. Thoughts?

I use the 1/4 inch wire panels for the main part of our catch/sort pen. Been there for 10 years and no problems. But our cows and bulls are pretty calm, young calves are the only ones that bounce off of them.

I use them and don't even have them reinforced like you are planning to do and haven't had much trouble with them. When I did it was a crazy azz cow!

Like everyone said, make sure you get it tight and brace it good. Ive seen them used down here in FL.

I'm needing them to add more sorting pens for steers and heifers, most of my cows aren't that bad but these calves get pretty flighty when they are full of feed and weighing in the high 7's. I occasionally might have a rank cow or two but they will stay just long enough to get sold.

Anyone have some pictures of their catch pen made from these panels? I need to build a new catch pen attached to my sweep and alley and am looking for ideas.

Kyle

Tnwalkingred, After pricing 1 1/2 in 14ga. Square tube($1.15/ft) for the frame and the panels for $60/piece (the 1ga bull panels are $60 whereas 4ga are $18) Im gonna buy more pre made panels for $90/piece they are 6'3" tall by 12' long 126lbs a piece galvanized. They are from chubby baird gate co. In ky. Ive had 50 for 3yrs and only had one bent by 3 bulls fighting all weighed at least 1800lbs they are tough. I like building my own but at that price I wont beat it much counting labor as nothing.

Latest posts