Stream Light

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
I bought one of these a few weeks ago and they work. Brute and 3 Way were talking about night vision scopes peaked my interest.
This is not night vision but you can see and identify the varmit at 150 yards easy.
We were talking about deer destroying fruit trees so I ordered one, since then the rooters have decided to visit.
So I got to researching and found this. I am impressed at how well the green light works and game doesn't seem to notice.
The part I like the most is I can use it on whatever rifle I want to use. Bought a picatinny scope mount that is easy to move.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/665914 ... inum-matte

Thanks for the info. I've been looking and reading. Now I'm getting one. Never had one quite like this. Is the light beam very narrow and concentrated? Or is is more a flood light?

skyhightree1":1mi10t26 said:
Hey I know your hard headed like me but seriously look at a xlr-250 they are cheaper and a greater distance... I use the green for fields .. red for hunting inside the woods.

I found it for 115 bucks through Amazon.
For what I wanted it for it does fine as I don't have over a 100 yard shot out of my stands.
The cow pen is 150 yards and I can pick out the cottontails feeding around it.
I am never going to be a serious night hunter and this works great so far on game that is spooked by white light.

Ouachita":xl3c7d7e said:
Thanks for the info. I've been looking and reading. Now I'm getting one. Never had one quite like this. Is the light beam very narrow and concentrated? Or is is more a flood light?

Both is the best way I can describe it as it throws a concentrated spot and floods the field as well.
You can get a picatinny scope mount from Cheaper than dirt and several others for 30 bucks.
It mounts right on the scope tube and you just clamo the light on.
I currently have it on my 7mm-08, I see it spending more time on the 22 mag.

Caustic Burno":1xp779xy said:
skyhightree1":1xp779xy said:
Hey I know your hard headed like me but seriously look at a xlr-250 they are cheaper and a greater distance... I use the green for fields .. red for hunting inside the woods.

I found it for 115 bucks through Amazon.
For what I wanted it for it does fine as I don't have over a 100 yard shot out of my stands.
The cow pen is 150 yards and I can pick out the cottontails feeding around it.
I am never going to be a serious night hunter and this works great so far on game that is spooked by white light.

I understand my xlr was 149 came with rechargeable batteries truck charger home charger 1 inch scope mount and pressure switch

Caustic Burno":3fcz81sl said:
So I got to researching and found this. I am impressed at how well the green light works and game doesn't seem to notice.

I will tell you this try not to put the light directly in the face or brightest part of the beam in the eyes. I have found when you do that sometimes they can notice the brightness or that something isn't right. I try to let the flood light them up before I shoot.

Caustic Burno":28r3xjrv said:
Main reason I bought it is we have a pack of rovers harassing livestock.
The donkey raised the alarm the other night and the light worked wonders.
you gotta fix that problem asap

skyhightree1":msor3wmm said:
Caustic Burno":msor3wmm said:

That is why I am feeding hay up by the house, cows are bedding down 50 yards from the house.
The pack cleaned out one neighbors ducks another chickens . They have even got after the cows in daylight
The pack has five left out out of seven. We have no clue how far they are traveling as no one owns them that we know.

Caustic Burno":18xtzhx2 said:
skyhightree1":18xtzhx2 said:
Caustic Burno":18xtzhx2 said:

That is why I am feeding hay up by the house, cows are bedding down 50 yards from the house.
The pack cleaned out one neighbors ducks another chickens . They have even got after the cows in daylight
The pack has five left out out of seven. We have no clue how far they are traveling as no one owns them that we know.

Had similar problem last year but one of the people on my street have a half pitbull half chow mean azz dog that was chasing my cattle I told the owner control his dog before it caused my cows to get hurt he told me you got hounds you know dogs have a roaming right I said yes they do but not when harassing ones livestock he told me go f myself get off his property slammed the door in my face. :mad:

Sky I have found buzzards must take these out. The ones that meet their demise always have buzzards sitting on them.
So I have assumed that is what is getting them.

Caustic Burno":m2qfokjc said:
Sky I have found buzzards must take these out. The ones that meet their demise always have buzzards sitting on them.
So I have assumed that is what is getting them.
:nod:

bear":2wthfx6o said:
Used a 40mm Subzero by Laser Genetics last summer to fill deer depredation tags. Could easily paint deer to 300 yards.

http://www.lasergenetics.com

I like that for my 22 mag the one that sits by the front door 24-7.
That might just have to be a birthday present next month to myself.
The Streamlight is the same type set up except the bell on the light is bigger.
I like the mini for putting on the 22's.

Just ordered the xlr 250. Buddy has one and it puts 3rd gen night vision to shame. Comes with red white and green, scope mount and pic rail mount. I'm not sure yet if it'll spend more time on the 22 mag or on the 223